Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sailing with a Sanctuary

Saucysailoress
January 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Hey there, I'm Saucy, and I have had a menagerie of animals over the years, including dogs (8), cats (3), tortoises (3), terrapins (4), fish (many, they keep breeding), a horse and a duck. None paid for, mostly they just would walk in to my garden or even car and expect me to start providing for them.

We privately used the zoo/aquarium vet for many years (he left Kuwait, sadly), and he wouldn't bat an eyelid when the cats, dogs and duck would mingle happily in the kitchen waiting for their jabs! :grouphug:

Currently we only have two dogs (one a newly 'acquired' Lab/Husky, the other a mature Collie/Dane), two cats and the garden dwellers.

I was reading thru this after a search on Lab/Huskies, and have found it to be very interesting, so far! It's nice to meet you all!

Oh yeah... The problem is, we are due to leave and sail the world later this year. We'll need to rehome the garden dwellers. The dogs can come with us... and the cats - well, I hope they like the boat, we haven't tried them yet!

pbpatti
January 9th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Welcome, I am looking forward to hearing/reading some of your stories about your fur/feather/scaley babies. I have a Choc Lab real age 7yrs, acts like age 2 year. She can be very busy and she can also be a bit of a couch potato. patti

hazelrunpack
January 9th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Sounds like an ambitious travelling schedule! Not only in distance, but in the number of pairs that board the ark! :D

Welcome to the board, Saucysailoress. Pictures would be very welcome! :thumbs up