Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Banton - Plz come home! - lost cat Gabriola island, BC

banton
January 6th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Hello,

I am in Indonesia on business and my roommate told me my cat, Banton has not been home in 8 days. We live on Gabriola island.

He is a black and white siamese himalayan cat.

Please email me at jvdb@orcarail.com or you can call the woodfire rest. and ask for joel (my roommate) 250 247 0095

He has a great home, and I think someone may think he was homless?

VERY WORRIED :(

growler~GateKeeper
January 7th, 2012, 01:11 AM
If your roomate can put Banton's litterbox and/or a worn but unwashed t shirt or pair of smelly shoes of yours out on the deck this may help lead him home :fingerscr

Ask your roommate to go around the neighbourhood at dusk/dawn calling him, rattling a treat container or tap a spoon on his dish or tin of food. Bring a flashlight to pick up the shine off his eyes from under cars/decks/bushes or up trees.

If he can poster the neighbourhood, plus leave one w/ local businesses, all area schools, bus stops, pet supply stores, groomers, grocery stores, vets & all animal shelters in the area that will help garner attention that this kitty has a home who wants him back.

If your roommate is able to visit the animal shelters in person often times the shelters are understaffed/over worked with so many animals/requests etc they may not have the time to personally look into each phone call or an emergency/something comes up in the meantime & the request gets overlooked.

Going in person means he can visit & identify the cat right away, if an animal comes in terrified it may act out of character & be labeled as sick or a feral and not be placed with the general population please ask to see these areas as well.

:goodvibes: & :fingerscr

banton
January 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Thank you for you reply, some great ideas. :)

Trying to stay positive...

Cheers

pbpatti
January 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM
It must be so difficult for you, you being so far away.:( I am sending lots of:goodvibes::goodvibes: for Banton's quick return home. patti