Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A memento for your pet that has passed

Myka
January 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
This last summer I joined www.groupon.com and purchased a Groupon for www.mixbook.com not really knowing how I would use it, but figured it was a cool idea and with the Groupon price it was quite a steal! As I was checking out how to work Mixbook it dawned on me that this would be a great memento for my Myka who passed away Jan 4, 2010. I made a Mixbook for her and got a few copies made for my family who also loved her. My brother's kids really love the book and think it is cool that there are pictures of them with Myka in a REAL book! :laughing: It was fun to make, and now I have a book that will last my lifetime.

I'm not affiliated with either of these websites, I am simply sharing something interesting that I found. I hope others might also enjoy putting together a book like this. There are many websites that offer these books.

:grouphug: :candle: :angel2:

pbpatti
January 5th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks Myka for the sites, I have looked at groupon before but I have not heard of mixbooks. I will take a look and see what story I can write for posterity. :D patti

Myka
January 5th, 2012, 05:42 PM
You're welcome! Lucky for you, you don't really write a story. You upload pics and arrange them how you want. There are word stamps, but not a full story. Pics are worth a thousand words though! ;)

Mixbook ships from the us and uses UPS so you will sometimes get duty charges although they refunded my duty charges when I asked about this, and this was even after the Groupon discount so that was pretty nice of them. They also said that they are working on a Canadian printer so they can ship from Canada too. Yipee! I will be ordering more books in the future I am sure. :)