Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my little dog - lump

nickynoonoo
January 4th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Hi there I have a 5 year old staff and she has recently had a reddish lump appear under the skin on her head! It isn't bothering her at all and it feels hard (size of a pea) and is not leaking anything, we have took her to the vets last week and she has been given inflammation tablets I have been giving them to her like request and the lump seems to be getting more larger. I'm due to return in 2 weeks from today but I'm just wondering if anyone could help me in the mean time? Should I take her back as emergency ? As worried maybe cancer??

Please can some give me advice

BastienBully
January 4th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I cant really help you here, but good luck and keep us posted! :fingerscr :fingerscr

chico2
January 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM
If it's grown larger,I would take her to the vet again.obviously the tablets did not help. Good Luck!!

MaxaLisa
January 4th, 2012, 11:19 PM
It could also be infection, but do get it checked out. If it's getting larger, I would want to get in as soon as I could.

Until then, you can try soaking with a warm epsom salt compress (for infection), or a green tea compress (for cancer).

nickynoonoo
January 5th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Just an update I took bailey to the vets it is my worst fear a tumour she is in next week to have it removed and checked if it has spread
Thank you for the comments!
:(

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2012, 10:22 AM
:fingerscr and :goodvibes: that it's just a benign growth and won't be any trouble nickynoonoo :grouphug:

Pls keep us posted!

pbpatti
January 5th, 2012, 08:19 PM
:fingerscr Just a lump a very benign lump. This is your mantra for now. :pray: Bailey will be fine I just know it. :grouphug: Would you like to share a picture/pictures????? patti

MaxaLisa
January 6th, 2012, 02:25 AM
If the vet thinks it's a mast cell tumor, then you will want to pre-medicate.

I too am hoping it's a silly benign lump!