Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm new with a question

Margene
December 31st, 2011, 08:58 AM
Hi,
I'm from Ontario and want to ask a question about coconut oil for allergies and itching and was wondering if someone could direct me to a thread where this has already been discussed. I don't want to tie up board space with something that already exists. My dog is a 6 year old Lab and Border Collie and we have been dealing with skin allergies for a long time. Is there a thread for coconut oil. Thank you in advance.
Margene

chico2
December 31st, 2011, 12:18 PM
Margene,we did discuss the uses of coconut-oil at one time,but I don't remember when or where,I am sure someone else will come along shortly and help out.
I myself,used it for toe-nail fungus and it worked great.

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2011, 02:29 PM
Hi, Margene. Welcome to the board! :D

If you look along the top darker brown menu line near the top of the page, you'll see a search button. If you click on it, a dialogue box will come up and you can type in coconut oil as your search parameter and a lot of threads will come up. I remembered one that was specifically about coconut oil and allergies and here's a link to that one: Coconut oil for dogs and cats (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=43716)

Most of the other threads were topics where coconut oil just came up in the discussion, but if you read through them you may find more information.

Hope that helps! :)

Margene
December 31st, 2011, 09:13 PM
Thank you! I did find the search and found some info.