- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


Wife and I on government disabilty need vet help

December 28th, 2011, 02:54 PM
My wife and I are on government disabilty and would like to know if there are any organizations that may be able to help with medical treatment for our cat. She has a boil or cyst on her chest and it looks very ripe as if it will pop soon. The vets want 50-60 dollars just for the checkup and $300 is the starting range for treatment which is totaly out of the question on our income. It looks like it could be drained or antibiotics would do. What do low income pet owners do when their animals need help. The Humane Society is useless.
Thank you
Rick in Windsor, ON

December 28th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I would like to get this animal the help it needs as soon as possible.

December 28th, 2011, 03:33 PM

December 29th, 2011, 01:46 PM
do you not have family that would help rick?? thats why I won't allow my daughter to get a dog or cat yet, she lives on her own and I tell her I can't afford for her to have a pet *L* I've shelled out a few hundred to treat her guinea pigs...
can you ask your vet to make a bill??

March 23rd, 2012, 03:27 AM

I know this thread is a bit old, but perhaps you can look at the vet schools in your area, they may be able to provide some help for your pet...

How did things turn out?