Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bad Day!!

jackieb
October 6th, 2004, 07:37 AM
I had a really bad day yesterday!! Dont know who did it but think it was my middle boy but anyhow the toilet overflowed everywere leaked through the ceiling into the basement. So i spent most of the day mopping up bailing out the loo My hubby come home from gta very late and had to take the toilet off to find it blocked by about 20 baby wipes!! :eek:

So deap breath today its go to be a better day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sneaky2006
October 6th, 2004, 07:47 AM
That is sucky!!!
When we first moved in here (son was 3) we had to take the toilet off 3 times to get something out of it! I don't even know when he had done it!
Watch your sewer system too... incase wipes did go down... ours got clogged because of an occasional baby wipe flush, we were knee deep in absolute grossness in the basement when that got clogged!

chico2
October 6th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Oh well,these things happen :p Having brougt up 3 boys myself,I could write a book about strange things in the toilet :D
It's such a relief now,being an empty-nester :D cats are soooo much easier than kids,don't know why we did not think of that years ago :D (just kidding!!)

jackieb
October 6th, 2004, 08:18 AM
yes its one thing after another with theesee 3 earlier in the week my baby who is 14 months through the cordless phone in the bath so i too could write a book on it lol!! My huubby will come home amnd just take one look at me and decided then weather to ask if ive had as good day!!!!!!!!!! good tip about the pipes though hubby did chek them and it hadnt passed the loo strange the loos here though as it wouldnt take much to clog them not good with three adventurous boys!! :)

poohbear123
October 6th, 2004, 08:23 AM
My son flushed a plastic fork down our toliet, it is still not working right!! My nephew also flushed a box of maxi pads when he was little....What is with little boys and toliets? My daughters never do things like that!!! Boys aren't they fun? :)

jackieb
October 6th, 2004, 08:33 AM
oh and i have 3 all under 5 great fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Well certaintly entertaining :)

Cinnabear
October 6th, 2004, 09:53 AM
I have dd's and one flushed something down and I had to call a plumber. He said it looked like jewellry. And it has never worked the same after that. So it does happen to either sex. But boy it's not fun when the toilet is not working. :D

krdahmer
October 6th, 2004, 12:53 PM
:eek: OK here is a little tale to give you a chuckle....especially if you are in the mood for toilet humor!

When I was younger, 5-10yrs old, I had a serious phobia about going #2 anywhere but at home, so I would hold it....sometimes for hours and hours. Needless to say that when I finally did go I was guaranteed to plug the toilet in question. I did this a lot on vacations, etc... and my mom got embarassed at having to ask the front desk for someone to unplug the toilet, so she came up with a solution....the 'turd-buster'. It was usually a paint stir stick or a wire hanger that she (or I when I got older) would use to 'break-up' the 'deposits' prior to flushing. It was usually kept under our bathroom sink next to the toilet brush...and when at hotels they almost always had a wire hanger on hand but if not my mom would actually bring the 'turd-buster' with us, wrapped in a milk bag! LOL

I still to this day get teased about the 'buster', but most folks have no idea what we are talking about (lol till now)... and you'll be glad to know that I have since gotten over that particular phobia!!! :rolleyes:

Writing4Fun
October 6th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Oh, these stories are absolutely hilarious! Krdahmer, I can soooo empathise with your phobia, and only wish someone had told me about the "turd buster" many, many years ago!! :p My oldest never flushed anyting down the toilet, but I'd lay odds that the baby will be the one to do it as soon as he's able to reach it (he's such a little stinker). My nephew did flush his dad's pager once, though! Or, should I say, his dad blamed him, but I'd be willing to bet it fell out of Dad's pocket while he was using the facilities, and he just wasn't willing to accept responsibility! :D

sammiec
October 6th, 2004, 01:50 PM
HAHA!! That's funny (sorry :o ) When my brother and I were younger we got yelled at by my mom and my grandfather for putting Dixie cups down the toliet. They clogged that thing right up! I remember standing outside the bathroom door while he cursed that toilet!!
We had other episode with those long fireplaces matches... we woudl burn them, blow them out, break them in half and flush the evidence down the toilet.... little did we know what would happen next, and that the pipes are not quite as wide as we thought....LOL

Sneaky2006
October 6th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Krd... yeah my son needs a turd buster! More like a log buster! I don't know how he does it sometimes!!! :eek:

I forgot to add before... we had to replace the toilet the last time he flushed something, it was a ball (a hard plastic one) and it lodged perfectly that when we took the toilet off we couldn't get it out from either end.
To this day he is not allowed to flush the toilet! :D :D How's that for nice surprises when visiting someone? :D

jackieb
October 6th, 2004, 03:06 PM
i am now monitoring the toilet area lol!! My middle child though will find something to do naughty you cant take your eyes off him lol :o

lilpaws
October 6th, 2004, 03:28 PM
:eek: These stories are priceless (as I am laughing histerically at work). I love the "buster" one. I will have to use that. What is it with boys and toliets? I think I am laughing so much because I also have 2 boys (4 and 5). They don't flush too much down there (that I know about) just way too much toilet paper. But they do like to describe what's in there though!

Sneaky2006
October 6th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Oooh the too much toilet paper thing...
I watch my nephew everyday (he's 6) and sure enough he has to dump while he's here everyday.
I swear to god he has to use a half a roll every time! I need to start charging his parents for toilet paper bills.
I am not even exaggerating... he uses so much that there isn't one drop of water left in the toilet and I actually have to remove some (most) before flushing!
You know, with using that much TP I really don't understand how he gets 'some' on his hands, and the seat! BOYS!!!!

krdahmer
October 6th, 2004, 04:55 PM
That's hilarious...man we should have brought up bathroom humor long ago...something we can all relate to...LOL! I have to admit that I am definitely a T.P. abuser...the way I look at it better safe than....well...itchy. :p I used to use so much back in highschool (super-paranoid about bodily functions of course), I'd always have to flush twice....AND my dad used to tease me about it and make noises like the T.P. roll spinning and everything! Now that I buy the T.P. I get to use as much as I like!!! LOL :D

melanie
October 6th, 2004, 05:30 PM
well i totally understand that phobia, i call it toilet shyness, it happens when i try to pee and someone may be in ear shot, i just cant. i have a friend in a similar position, we need our privacy :D

but a buster, that is funny, i might suggest that to my sister whos child has a similar problem, you always know when he wants to go, as he will stand behind a tree with his eyes closed hanging on forever, strange kids. my 2yr neice still in nappies will run into her room and do it, and if you go near her room she stands there pointing her finger and yelling at me, she is so shy and really cute strange little buggers.

another thing i have noticed the minute you get woman or children in an area where there is no toilet, all of a sudden every one needs to go and there is not a decent tree in site :eek: :D

when i was young a friend and i got a teddy stuffed with foam beans, we ripped his head of (no idea why)and poured the contents into the toilet, well we filled that thing right up, poor dad just freaked and we wernt left alone together again. :D

ah toilets are the bane of all parents, and an expensive one at that :D

glasslass
October 6th, 2004, 06:57 PM
We call it "Bashful Kidneys".

Never had any little boys, but what I get a kick out of are the little paper "targets" mothers buy to teach little boys how to aim. Look like little paper battleships! I can just imagine the target practice to sink them! :D OR . . "torpedo one !!" :D

Writing4Fun
October 6th, 2004, 07:47 PM
LOL Glasslass! When we were potty training our first boy, we were told to use Froot Loops cereal. Hubby has confirmed that it is a natural instinct for the male of the species to want to blast the little suckers to pieces. He used to do it all the time as a kid with Dad's cigarette butts! :D Anyone here a fan of Uncle John's Bathroom Readers? I have a small collection. ;)

Sneaky2006
October 6th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Ok, don't get me started on reading while in the john!
Why can't ppl just do their business and get it over with? There is more magazines and books in the bathroom closet than there are towels, thanks to DH!! You know, some ppl sit there so long, you'd think it'd be all dried up on their butts!

I have to admit that I am definitely a T.P. abuser...the way I look at it better safe than....well...itchy. Yeah, I was like this too until I found baby wipes! After I had my son, I had a pack of wipes that had dried up and tried using them anyway (to clean his butt), well that didn't work so well. And I thought, how can we use just TP? How can you use something dry to 'clean' yourself? So now I use a baby wipe as a follow up! Much cleaner! :)
Ok, now I can cover my face!!!