Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

new look of the board

melanie
October 6th, 2004, 12:27 AM
has any one else got the new ads on top of the page, such as the trading post ad?they appear at the top of screen with next to the little dog and cat or is it my computer or was it deliberatly done to support the board? im jsut a little confused as these ads have just appeared, are uniform in design and i just viewed one of those ads and they are selling animals to all and sundry, ie puppy mill behaviour and i was not aware that such practices were supported by the board, but i may be wrong.

so if these ads are known to be there does this site support the sale of animals in this fashion? i am just wondering so i can make acceptable ethical decisions in my life and in my dealings.

i would really appreciate a bit of reply or even a bit of background of the baord or similar. thanks lovelies

glasslass
October 6th, 2004, 12:45 AM
I'm bewildered too! In the lower right corner (of the ads) it says "ads by google". The ads seem to change when I go to "new posts", then go back to bulletin board. When I clicked on "dogs & cats", it took me to Ebay! :confused: :confused:

marko
October 6th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Thanks for your concern,

The ads in the BB are from Google and do help to support the site. We have no real control over what ads are shown. The ads are supposed to be based on content and in general it works well....however sometimes very distasteful ads appear. I too have been VERY disappointed to see certain headers in the ads.

We are considering removing these google ads from the BB.

Thanks for your input,

Marko
ADMIN

marko
October 6th, 2004, 07:38 AM
For now we have removed the Google ads from the BB due to all the inappropriate ads that were being shown.

We apologize to anyone who was offended by any Google ads that featured puppy mill like ads or other inappropriate ads that didn't mesh with the general pet positive attitude of this site.

We will try to find a better solution.

Thanks for voicing your concerns Melanie and Glasslass....Now how about telling a friend or two about Pets.ca... ;)

All the best,

melanie
October 6th, 2004, 04:57 PM
thanks marko, your wondeful and thank you for such a prompt response :D .

i love this baord and want to stay as long as i can, and i will tell all and sundry about this board, i actually have a market stall on weekends so i might make a little poster detailing the address of the site and hang it off my table. thanks again marko, i hope i havent caused to much trouble.

mastifflover
October 6th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks Marko and maybe you could speak to google about it and they could come up with a way of filtering these ads. Or in a perfect world not sell them advertising space at all. I am sure you will do your best to come up with something.