Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

did anyone hear this story on the news?

Iggette
October 5th, 2004, 09:08 PM
There was a kennel that had to install a hidden camera to unveil the person that was opening the kennels for the dogs at night, because in the morning all the dogs would be running around and the kitchen was ransacked of food :eek:

So the following morning after the camera was installed the staff had a look at the culprit :confused:

It was a Greyhound dog I belive that was smart enough to unlock his cage from the inside........then proceed to let out all his buddies ;) then they all procceeded to the kitchen in a hurry for a quick free meal :p

Writing4Fun
October 5th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Yes! I just saw that on the news at noon today! What a riot! They were amazed that he actually let all of his buddies out so they could feast together, instead of going to the kitchen to gorge by himself. What a pal!! :D What I didn't catch was what kind of kennel it was. Was it a rescue or shelter? Or was it a boarding kennel? If that dog has an owner, they must be glowing proud! If not, he'll surely get one now! ;)

Sneaky2006
October 5th, 2004, 09:21 PM
I didn't see that, but that is so cool!!!

Bugsy
October 5th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Amazing...

Proof positive dogs can think.... :eek:

melanie
October 5th, 2004, 10:05 PM
that clever bugger even made aussie news, i saw the fottage last night, what a cheeky boy. it was so funny, and not only did he escape but he let his buddies out too, that is just so cute, what a lovely dog, i m sure he will get a good home.

i have know a few dogs that can open doors, needles to say their owners have had to put a rope around the fridge to stop little furries helping themselves.

CyberKitten
October 5th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Yes, I read that story as well. It was so cute. I'd say to the Greyhoud: "You go, boy!!"

I attempted to search for it but could not find it. I did find the one about the dog who saved his liittermates from a nasty human. A bad beginnong for these little guys but things are looking up and hopefully, they'll learn that not all humans are so stupid and nasty.

Here it is:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/09/09/shooting.dog.ap/index.html

Iggette
October 5th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Not sure but it was some sort of place where you can adopt because they said they had 300 offers to adopt since first airing of the story

glasslass
October 5th, 2004, 10:43 PM
I just saw it on the 6pm news. They didn't say what kind of shelter it was. They did mention he was available for adoption.

krdahmer
October 5th, 2004, 10:45 PM
LOL...smarty pants! Man they are crafty when they want to be arent they? :rolleyes:

tyr
October 6th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I saw that on the news last night! My husband and I just looked at each other and laughed so hard and for so long! It is a shelter in the UK, no? What an amazing little guy - I love that he released all the others!

One of my cats can open every cupboard door, drawer and door in my house (as long as they are not locked). Thank goodness for screens or I am sure he would open our windows!!! He even taught the second oldest to do this as well. The baby is next!!!!

I LOVE animals - they are just incredible little beings! :)

badger
October 6th, 2004, 05:34 PM
A woman from the shelter was interviewed on the CBC yesterday. This greyhound will have his pick of homes, believe me.

That being said, I think the British are very, very cool when it comes to animal protection. They even have shelters for hedgehogs! And somehow vegetarianism there is connected more to concern for animals than concern about one's health.

Donna Marie
October 8th, 2004, 10:40 AM
LOL I did hear about that. It amazes me. If a dog normally gets loose under those conditions, they will just take off on their own. But THIS one lets his buddies out? What a genious dog!