Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

new

keenaa
December 8th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Hey. Im new to this whole forum thing so im just going to post my question about my cat here.

She is 14, long haired tabby, had her since i was a little girl and im very attached to her.

Lately she has been losing a lot of weight and throwing up her cat food.
She will follow me around and cry and begg for food..but when i put her near her cat dish she wants none of it. When i bring groceries home, set a bag down and go out to get the rest of the bags she will already have clawed one open and tries to eat whatever it is in the bag (usually bread).

I give her cat treats on occassion, but she still beggs 24/7. Im not sure if she is being picky or sick! Her cat food hasnt changed and the other cats dont get sick from it so what i really need is some advice... this is really getting to be a pain in the :censored: .

Winston
December 8th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Keena welcome to the site. I think considering the symptoms your kitty needs to see a vet. With the age and weight loss and appetite changes you really need to have her checked. This could be alot of really serious things and we really cant diagnose her over the net.

When was the last time you had her vet checked? What kind of food does she eat? Has she had any other issues in the past?

Have you tried to give her different varieties? It doesnt sound like she is begging but it sure sounds like she is hungry?

keenaa
December 8th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I have taken her to the vet earlier this year, they said she was healthy except there was a lump in her lower abdomen which they figured to be hardened feces.
She is a farm cat and we have never had any problems with her or her health.
Its like she is hungry ALL the time but its not like we dont feed her, i will give her treats and her food dish is always full.
I hope she isn't sick and just acting out because when we got our other cats two years ago thats when all three of the cats started to get spoiled but not overly...
Mindy has went out of control by getting on the counter and eating anything she can get her paws on. looks like she needs a trip to the doc....