Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I need a Hug:(

BamaRama
October 5th, 2004, 04:28 PM
My boyfriend (who I live with) got let go from his job today due to downsizing...he is so upset and worried...and stressed...as am I!!!

Anyone in the GTA want to hire him? lol.

Someone give me a hug!! :(

Writing4Fun
October 5th, 2004, 04:36 PM
{{HUGS}}

Been there, done that, and and it stresses both of you out - I know! :rolleyes: Hang in there. There are oodles of jobs in the GTA. He'll bounce right back, you'll see. What does he do, by the way?

heeler's rock!
October 5th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Oh no, Bama! I know EXACTLY how that feels. The stress will subside once he finds a new job. The job market is booming and jobs aren't too hard to find now a days. Hang in there, you'll see! :o

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))

BamaRama
October 5th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks guys:)

He is an IT/Admin guy.

Iggette
October 5th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Awwww that sucks BamaRama, perhaps some good will come of it and he will get a better job than before......Here's to HOPE ;)

chico2
October 5th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Bamarama,the hugs here are plentyful and free :D
I am sure tomorrow will be a better day,the job-market is better now,so I am sure he'll have another job in no time at all!!! Cheer up!!!

Sheriffmom
October 5th, 2004, 09:56 PM
If he wants to commute to Niagara area we are hiring 9-1-1 dispatchers @ $29/hr!! :D
Try not to stress too much..... when one door closes another opens!! Some of the best things in life happen when you feel at your lowest, and not expecting things to get better!! (Trust me.... it's not only how I met my man, but how we got our sweet little Puppy!! :) )

krdahmer
October 5th, 2004, 10:24 PM
$29/hr?! Holy Carp!!! (Note to self....don't show hubby....he'll want you to apply and go back to work!~So he can stay home....nuh-uh...no way!!!) ;)

{{{{HUGS}}}} I lost my job a while back too....man is that ever a stressful time. Just know and tell him things always work out for the best. :o

glasslass
October 5th, 2004, 10:44 PM
{{{{{HUG}}}}}
This could be the opportunity to make changes he might not have done before. Keep him positive!

Sneaky2006
October 6th, 2004, 07:15 AM
((((HUGS))))
I am sure he'll get something soon, keep your chin up!

jackieb
October 6th, 2004, 07:23 AM
I know its hard my hubby got laid off a few years aog and i was heavily pregnant with our 2nd child. GTA from the little i know of it is full of jobs we left england for Canada for my hubbys work as there is alot more oppportunities for his work in Ontario he know works in gta. Im am now considering 911 dispatch after having my children fighting all day yesterday lol!

debanneball
October 6th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Sorry Bam....hang in there.....HUGS HUGS to you both.

lilpaws
October 6th, 2004, 03:51 PM
:) Been there too, twice now. I am a programmer and it seems that alot of companies "downsize". It is hard but something always comes along. Times like these are times to reflect on your life. Last November I was laid off and found it really stressful (single Mom, no savings, just bought my house in the previous August). Somehow I made it through and with a much more positive attitude - that we do somehow make it through these times and even for the better!
Best of luck, you'll find something!

wAggie
October 6th, 2004, 05:25 PM
what is he willing to do on the job?

what's his personality/temperament like?

can he work p/t?

hang in there, business IS booming, he's find a job again!! :)

*HUGS!!*