Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Loyal rescue?

Melinda
December 1st, 2011, 01:28 PM
the rescue that was to take my nieces pups is bursting at the seams right now, a husky they rescued up north gave birth 4 weeks ago to 8 pups, they didn't know when she arrived she was preggers, they have also taken in a few moms and pups from the puppymill raid a few weeks ago, so they got in contact with loyal rescue to see if they had room for our pups and the woman just emailed me , they are in winchester (not too too far from us) but I've never heard of them before and was wondering if anyone else has had any dealings with them.

Winston
December 1st, 2011, 01:36 PM
Melinda

Found this site...looks like it is them.

http://www.loyalrescue.com/dog_adoption_stories.php

It seems to be a foster based rescue? not a shelter / home environment.

Cindy

BenMax
December 1st, 2011, 02:01 PM
Melinda - no need to worry. They are a very very good rescue. They are infact foster based. Alot of shelters turn to them and they help mostly smaller breeds but even those with ailments. They do not discriminate against age or if there are medical needs.
If you have the opportunity - take it.:thumbs up

Melinda
December 1st, 2011, 02:16 PM
thanks Winston and BenMax, I've been researching them also and when I emailed them back I asked a lot of questions *L* if nothing else, I'm thorough and nosey!! also loyal so if they help me, I'll drum up clients, donations etc for them. I never forget those that do for me in some way.:thumbs up

BenMax
December 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
thanks Winston and BenMax, I've been researching them also and when I emailed them back I asked a lot of questions *L* if nothing else, I'm thorough and nosey!! also loyal so if they help me, I'll drum up clients, donations etc for them. I never forget those that do for me in some way.:thumbs up

Good for you to research. It's always good to inquire..heck I always do and did when I was looking for new rescues to network with. No harm in that at all.

If you need other rescue references, please let me know.

Melinda
December 1st, 2011, 03:06 PM
I will do that, thanks

Dog Dancer
December 1st, 2011, 04:14 PM
I figured BenMax would know the scoop for you Melinda. Winston I found their sight also, did you see the Dane/Newf pups??? :lovestruck:

Melinda, I'm sure you'll find the right group for the pups. Have you found homes for any of them directly yet?

Bearsmom
December 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM
One of my very good friends just rescued a dog from them, they were very nice and very thorough in their background on her. I spent a good 45 minutes on the phone with them for her reference check, and they were quite good. I'd recommend them. You can PM me if you have any questions.

Melinda
December 5th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I figured BenMax would know the scoop for you Melinda. Winston I found their sight also, did you see the Dane/Newf pups??? :lovestruck:

Melinda, I'm sure you'll find the right group for the pups. Have you found homes for any of them directly yet?

no we haven't DD, its all folks who really don't care about dogs that have been asking for them....

Bearsmom
December 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
no we haven't DD, its all folks who really don't care about dogs that have been asking for them....

LOL, I'm glad you wrote this yesterday! :laughing:

Melinda
December 6th, 2011, 01:34 PM
LOL, I'm glad you wrote this yesterday! :laughing:

bet you had to look at the date fast huh? *L*:crazy:

Bearsmom
December 6th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Um, YEAH :laughing: