Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jack Russell Terrier

Koteburo
December 1st, 2011, 01:30 AM
Meow! I mean Woof!

My parents very recently got a Jack Russell pup (he was a gift for my dad) the little guy came with pedigree certificate and all haha. Anyways besides the usual care and love that all doggies need is there anything special they should know about them? Any advice on those little Jacks?

Marty11
December 1st, 2011, 08:17 AM
The ones I've met were very "sweet" and very "busy". :D Dust off those running shoes......

serenamlambe
December 1st, 2011, 10:03 AM
A friend of mine had one of these little spitfires and all she liked to do was run, ru, run, run, run! So maybe your Dad's little one could use a running partner or a fenced area where she can burn off all that Jack Russell energy? Hahah.

Koteburo
December 1st, 2011, 10:20 AM
So busy little bees that run huh :laughing: ♥
Well relatively recently he got the place fenced for the safety of their pets (who are all cats and now this little guy) and it's a big garden so there will be plenty of running for him when he feels like it.
Hopefully I'll be there for xmas and can't wait to meet the little guy and Boris their most recent cat rescue :lovestruck: (ginger tabby kitten)
The possible names for the pup are still on the table :cloud9:

serenamlambe
December 1st, 2011, 10:43 AM
Would love to see pictures when you go to visit!! I always thought "Flash" would be a great name for a Jack Russell. Once, when our friend's Jack Russell was playing with my dog, Connor, she came running out the woods at top speed and smacked right into Connor before he even noticed she was coming. I couldn't believe it because my dog is usually quick to react too. He was fine in the end, but she was like a flash of lightening he never saw coming!

Koteburo
December 1st, 2011, 10:48 AM
That's so cute! Flash Speed! And since they're small gives the illusion of being even faster. I guess surprisingly something good came out of that horrible fox hunting.
Oh yesh I will take a lot of pics for sure and I'll post them here :cloud9: