Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Heartworm???

chico2
November 27th, 2011, 04:38 PM
My son's JRT,Kita 12yrs old,is displaying all the symptoms of Heartworm,labored breathing etc..
He believes she just has a cold,but I think the worst.
She's only been to a vet once in her whole life,yes,I have told him millions of times to take her:wall:
However,she's been a very happy,healthy sweet dog all her life.
They spent a lot of time up north in a trailer this summer and I suspect she was bitten by mosquitos and could have gotten heartworms that way.
She will be taken to a vet on Monday,but do you think I am really off base with my suspicions?? I hope I am....:pray:

BenMax
November 27th, 2011, 05:19 PM
As you know Chico2 - Maddox suffered from heartworm but I would have never known it without a heartworm test.
Is she lethargic, low appetite, thin...
Prayers and thoughts for this little angel. Either way it is a good thing to have all tests done to see exactly what she is ailed with. Hopefully it is nothing serious.:fingerscr

chico2
November 28th, 2011, 07:35 AM
BenMax,in afterthought,I realized I was stupid to ask that question,I remember Maddox.
I have not seen Kita for a couple of months,but I would assume having labored breathing,she would not have much energy.
She is supposed to go to the vet today,so I'll just have to wait and see.
Thank you BenMax:grouphug:

Melinda
November 28th, 2011, 07:49 AM
wish I had an answer for you Chico, but all I can do is send up prayers and good wishes for kita.:fingerscr

BenMax
November 28th, 2011, 08:52 AM
BenMax,in afterthought,I realized I was stupid to ask that question,I remember Maddox.
I have not seen Kita for a couple of months,but I would assume having labored breathing,she would not have much energy.
She is supposed to go to the vet today,so I'll just have to wait and see.
Thank you BenMax:grouphug:

The laboured breathing could be one of many things. With Maddox he was fine and then crashed quickly. He never showed signs for laboured breathing however.
Good luck and if it is heartworm, let me know.
:grouphug: