Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

boarding kennels

Catt31
October 5th, 2004, 08:11 AM
I know this has been discussed before but I'm not very computer savvy, so couldn't find the link to it!! We are looking to put Brick in a kennel for the weekend of our wedding, so that we aren't stressed about who is walking him, if he is going to jump the fence, etc. We've phoned around a few places and talked to the people, and we've visited one. We will go visit more next weekend. The one place we looked at had chain link fencing, indoor/outdoor tunnels of concrete out onto pea gravel, a 6 foot fence with a 45 degree angle of fencing along the top. It didn't feel very cozy, and it broke my heart!! I also worry that Brick would jump the fence like he did at my sisters (6 foot fence) to get to me when I was leaving to go to the store! :eek:

My question is this: WHAT should we be looking for, asking, etc.?? The prices ranged from $13/day to $23...is that reasonable or are there better ones out there???

I'm in Calgary, so anyone here, do you have any suggestions?? I know Jane took Lindy to one, but I can't remember which one.....Irricana or Kathryn I think!!! Jane - are you out there???????? :D

Thanks!!

Catt31
October 5th, 2004, 06:01 PM
There was a bit of grass in the exercise pens, which weren't really that big...but that is it!!! All the ones we've called so far have said to come visit, usually there are certain hours, but thats understandable, right???