Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

FOUND - Walker Hound Near Parry Sound Ontario

Longblades
November 17th, 2011, 12:13 PM
My neighbours have this dog. He literally jumped into their car after they nearly hit him driving home from the cottage near Parry Sound. They lost their own Lab girl to old age just two weeks ago and are not ready to take this boy on full time. He had no chip or tattoo. They can find no reports listing him as missing.

They have contacted two rescues and every municipality near Parry Sound where he might possibly have come from. He wil be listed as needing a home by the hound rescue and the Parry Sound animal control. My neighbours are assured a strong possiblity exists that he is not from there at all but was brought up for the deer hunt and abandonned, as unfortunately that is a not uncommon practice.

He appears to have no training of any kind and does not respond to any commands nor to kind talk most pet dogs recognize. He walks on leash OK around the block but they tried to run with him and he got all tangled up. No doubt this is something he could learn and as a pet he will need to be always leashed as this breed is meant to follow it's nose. He is content in their house and leery of going outside by himself and they have had him since Sunday.

I went to see him this morning and he appears to be slightly traumatized by his recent adventures. He comes for a pet but does not seek them out and looks scared, though he does not cower. He is not afraid of raised hands. He is an intact male and their Vet puts his age at 3 to 4 years old by his teeth which he allowed them to look at. He is too thin but not in bad shape and seems to be healthy.

Please PM if you can help to find a home for this boy. Pass this on if you wish.

BenMax
November 17th, 2011, 12:30 PM
You have good neighbours.
Hope it works out to his benefit whether he finds his family or if rescue can help this boy.
Best of luck.

Longblades
January 16th, 2012, 12:12 PM
A home has been found for this dog. I don't have the details as neighbour lady dropped by to tell us when I was out with my dog. OH doesn't remember exactly but it seems the new owner found out about him on a website. Since he is on about four websites, courtesy of me and the finder, I don't know if it was this one or not. But if anybody here helped spread the word further, thank you very much.

hazelrunpack
January 16th, 2012, 08:54 PM
What a happy ending! Glad this boy found a home!