Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My cutie boy

mastifflover
October 4th, 2004, 03:49 PM
This is my little boy Buddy
http://v348/mastifflover/standing.bmp[/IMG] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/lying.jpg
This was my Neo Boo
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/Boo.jpg[/IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/animatedname.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/standing.bmp

chico2
October 4th, 2004, 04:14 PM
I think that's the first time I see him and he's really munchie looking,what a sweet face :D Boo too,but I take it he's no longer with you :(

mastifflover
October 4th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Boo has gone to Rainbow Bridge he was the one that was starved that I got form the imfamous Jenn O'Connor/Stacey Hanson. But when he passed he knew he was loved and gave it back a 1000 fold.

Bugsy
October 4th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Oh....My God I remember reading that whole story, and I remember seeing the picture of that poor Neo "Boo" and I've been speaking to you all this time & never put 2+2 together. I'm soooo sorry Mastiff Lover. Sooo sorry. He was such a pretty boy...with such sad eyes. That's what I remember more than the bones from that photo...those eyes :(

That's the story that made open a Pets.ca account. I wondered what had happened to the 3 she had on her site when she closed.

Silver Lining....

Buddy is a ray of sunshine...what a face... full of charisma. Bugsy sends him a
huge smoooch (slobber included / no charge) :D

mastifflover
October 4th, 2004, 05:32 PM
I don't know for sure but I think Quinte might have taken them. Buddy is also a rescue that came from Montreal. I call him Buddy the wonder dog he had been abused and is partially deaf from being kicked. He is also the sweetest guy with not an aggressive bone in him. They tried to make him a guard dog and as you can see they failed miserably. He is such a great dog in fact one of the most well trained dogs I have ever owned. Plus he was really easy to train, well youknow how smart they are. Buddy sends big slingers back you know the kind that wrap around the head when they shake their heads. Back at ya Bugsy

Bugsy
October 4th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Mastiff Lover

Buddy is a rescue too? Awww...you did good Mastiff.
Who hurt Buddy you tell me....We'll get them but good. Bugsy
went to.... start the truck. :eek:

Yup ..I know those slingers. They have reached places that
I can't even get to.. standing on a chair.

BigDog
October 4th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Wow, Mastifflover, you posted your Buddy finally!
I missed him since I saw him in the park :)
and my hubby still remembers this big doggie as before he met Buddy he never realized that huge breeds can be so friendly!
my compliments to you once again, great job with rescue and raising your boy!

and I'm sorry for Boo again... do you have his pics from later period, when he gained a little weight and confidence with you? it's hard to see him so sad, I wish we could see his happy looks too...

Bugsy
October 4th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Boo looks sooo good it that photo. With the wrinkles above
his eyes all crinkled like "what are you up to know ?"

Lucky Rescue
October 4th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Finally! Buddy is simply scrumptious looking. I love beautiful brindles and he looks so sweet and huggable.:)

Yes, tell us who hurt that baby and we'll hunt him down and make him endure ropes of slobber in his face. :mad:

And poor Boo....his pic just breaks my heart. I'm so glad he didn't die never knowing love and a caring home.

jackieb
October 5th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Sorry to here Boo is no longer with you, Buddy is lovely our old mastiff was a fawn i think they are such a lovely looking dog.

jackieb
October 5th, 2004, 06:07 AM
the mastiff i mean

chico2
October 5th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Mastifflover,I remember the sad story of Boo now :(
I often wonder,are people who show no regard for animals born that way?
Don't they have a heart or an ounce of compassion?
I suppose I was always naive in thinking people who breed animals do it because they love them,but of course in the last few years I've learned different :eek:

sammiec
October 5th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Mastifflover, I can see how Buddy's adorable mug get compared to a pit bull :rolleyes:
Buddy and Boo are just so handsome!!! Thanks for sharing those pics!

Cactus Flower
October 5th, 2004, 09:45 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Oh, I love this breed!

RIP Boo :( .

mastifflover
October 5th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Thanks everyone, I think they are and were pretty special. Buddy was taken from some guy who owns an auto repair shop or body shop and tried to make him a guard dog. He is partially deaf from being kicked in the head and he had a broken rib, and his ears were so severely infected they required surgery after many $$$$ spent at the vets trying to get rid of the infections. He used to be terrified of all men but has really come around and will even go up to the guys in the park who he knows. It is lots of work but worth every minute of it. Especially when you start to see results.

Copper'sMom
October 5th, 2004, 10:30 AM
What a cutie pat-tutie!!!!!!!!!!!(spelling??) :p