Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What Is With All The 'ban This Breed Of Dog'

heidiho
October 4th, 2004, 04:22 PM
I just could not imagine banning a certain dog,whether it be pit bull or whatever,there are a few people here who seem to be ok with that,i for one think that is just a horrible thing to even think,you know they put people on meds that have issues, why not put aggressive dogs on meds????????????????????????I would rather see that then putting them to sleep...

tyr
October 4th, 2004, 05:38 PM
I know what you mean. I may not agree with meds but there are definitely better ways to go about it than breed banning. What makes us such a superior species that we get to decide that another living thing should be banned or made extinct? Just because we have a voice that is well understood and can be sent out far and wide? I wish animals had that kind of voice - I wouldn't blame them for wanting to ban humans though!!! :D

Seriously, this is where we can use our voice for the protection of those who cannot be heard. We do it for other people why not animals?

heidiho
October 4th, 2004, 06:11 PM
You said it perfect who are to think we could do that,what makes us superior.Nothing...The med thing i just thought hey people have to do it for certain conditions,why not an agrressive dog.....

mastifflover
October 4th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Well said. I don't know if I agree with meds but not closed minded about it either. I would rather see that then putting a dog down if there are other alternatives.

heidiho
October 4th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Same here,i mean why not???It cant hurt,we as people take them for issues,i would also rather see that then any kind of ban or putting a dog down,i know that would never happen but it should be some kind of solution..

melanie
October 4th, 2004, 06:50 PM
i think it harks back to an instict in humans to be the top dog, and to an extent it comes from a form of natural racism in humans, an instinct that says i do not understand that person or they dont look like me so therefore i will not like them.

i think that since in this day and age we cannot go and kill lg groups of ppl (well were not suppossed to) to make us feel dominant, so we go for the next best thing, mans best friend.

by killing things and labeling things, for instance by saying a breed is vicious i think humans are happily reflecting those instincts. basically it makes them feel better to know that they are controlling something, or making themselves look better than something or just feeding the ego by showing some human supremecy over other animals. (sarcasm here) 'we are human therefore we know best and what is right, does anything exist without our intervention?, no other creature should exist without our devine permission" its basic instincts and human ego to me.

and it just sucks and i really think a good portion of the worlds humans just need to get over themselves.