Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My sweet Shadow has her wings

Dog Dancer
October 22nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
Shadow went to the bridge on Friday night as planned. She went peacefully with both my son and I holding her and telling her how much she was loved. I asked her to forgive me and to understand that we were doing this to free her from her painful body. I hope she knows this. GF she went with her duck jerky treats. Shadow was my soul dog and I know there will never be another that touches me as she did. Run like the wind Shadow as you did when you were young. You will always be loved and I will find you again.

renegaderuby
October 22nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
Shadow knows. This I know for certian. She is running on steady pain free legs, tail wagging, happy heart, and is content , knowing you'll meet again one day.

HUGS. I know its hard!

Dee-O-Gee
October 22nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family Dog Dancer. :grouphug:

May Shadow run free of pain and enjoy the company of all loved ones playing on the bridge.

:candle: Sweet Shadow :candle:

Dog Dancer
October 22nd, 2011, 11:44 PM
Thank you for your kind words. My heart knows she knows we sent her off with love. I forgot to attach a picture of my sweet angel.

Winston
October 23rd, 2011, 06:22 AM
Sweet Shadow is free of pain now! My condolences to you and your family!

Give Halo a hug for me please!

:rip:
:angel2::dog::angel2:

BenMax
October 23rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
DogDancer, Shadow knew how much you loved her. Never second guess that as the final gift you gave was without selfishness.

Peace and strength to you dear friend.

RIP dear Shadow. Run like the wind little one.:angel:

hazelrunpack
October 23rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
You can bank on the fact that she knows you loved her and that you did the right thing, DD :grouphug: You made your decision from the heart to let her go when she needed to, then eased the way for her, and stayed to send her off bathed in your love--how could you possibly have given her a more perfect gift?

So no forgiveness necessary. She'll wait for you and rejoice when you meet again. :2huggers:

:candle: Shadow

Melinda
October 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
run fast and pain free Shadow, look for Daisy, she'll show you the sunniest spots to rest and wait for us to join you all. *hugs* my friend, my heart is breaking for you now and the tears are running freely down my cheeks both in sadness and in joy knowing Shadow had the greatest of life with you and that you had enough love to set her free to wait for you to join her once again :grouphug:

Goldfields
October 23rd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Tears here for Shadow too, DD, but maybe more for you and yours. She is at peace after all, no more pain. You still have to grieve for her. I smiled at you sending her on with the taste of her best treat though , good on you. What a lovely girl she was, that's a very nice photo of her.
I find this a comfort whenever I lose a beloved dog .....

Do not think of me and weep
I am with you still I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints of snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle Autumn rain
When you awaken in the mornings hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not think of me and cry
I am with you still I did not die.

R.I.P sweet Shadow.

Sylvie
October 23rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
I have been thinking of you all weekend. :grouphug:

She is beautiful and knows that you helped her.

:rip: Sweet Shadow knowing that you are loved by many

CsqU4r3d
October 23rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
My heart breaks for you with this great loss...:rip::dog::angel2::cry: farewell sweet shadow:grouphug:

DMCWLVSSR
October 23rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Giant Hugs! RIP sweet Shadow:angel2:

14+kitties
October 23rd, 2011, 03:23 PM
:grouphug: My friend. I am so sorry. You know Shadow is no longer in pain. I also know how hard it is for you. My heart breaks for you.
:candle::rip: sweet sweet Shadow :candle:
:grouphug: for you mf.

Bina
October 23rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
The best thing we can do for our beloved pets is to set them free when the time has come.
R.I.P Shadow.

renegaderuby
October 23rd, 2011, 05:24 PM
I dont know why but I keep coming back here today and everytime I do the same phrase has kept repeating in my heart. So I'm just going to type it. I've never typed this, I've never heard this specificly. If you belive in such a thing. I belive this is shadow talking to you. ....

I'm a sunbeam in the sky, I'm a gentle breeze that blows by , I'm a rustle in the trees. I'm a raindrop. I"m a whisper. I'm free, and I'm yours. Forever and Always.

(shadow is quite a poet :) )

Melinda
October 24th, 2011, 08:09 AM
thats beautiful renegaderuby

breeze
October 24th, 2011, 08:48 AM
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

pbpatti
October 24th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I dont know why but I keep coming back here today and everytime I do the same phrase has kept repeating in my heart. So I'm just going to type it. I've never typed this, I've never heard this specificly. If you belive in such a thing. I belive this is shadow talking to you. ....

I'm a sunbeam in the sky, I'm a gentle breeze that blows by , I'm a rustle in the trees. I'm a raindrop. I"m a whisper. I'm free, and I'm yours. Forever and Always.

(shadow is quite a poet :) )

this gave me shivers..sounds like truth speaking... Hugs to you DogDancer and your family at this sad time. :pray::grouphug: patti

Dog Dancer
October 24th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Sorry for being off so long. As you may know my home computer is not pets friendly - boots me off constantly. :frustrated:

I cannot name you each individually, but my heart is full with thanks for the support that you all give me.

14+ the poem you sent me earlier gives me great comfort. It is on my bedstand.

Renegaderuby your words give me shivers. Thank you for them. I could indeed hear Shadow saying that in fact.

My son was my rock on Friday night. He was there for Shadow and for me. His wife was at home with DH who said "he almost had a heart attack when I took Shadow away". He is having a very hard time with letting go. I hope he finds some comfort with Halo today while they are home together.

Shadow will be buried in our front yard, over in a corner by the sidewalk where she used to like to lay and watch the world go by her front gate. Our hearts are broken, but her wonderful spirit lives on in us forever.

Thank you all for your support. You, my friends here, truly understand in a way that people without pets just don't understand. It is priceless to have friends like you all. :grouphug:

14+kitties
October 24th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I'm glad to hear that DD. My Keesha preceded Shadow by two weeks. We can hope they have met up and are having a wonderful time playing at the Bridge. We'll meet someday my friend. Maybe through these angels of ours. :grouphug:

Dog Dancer
October 24th, 2011, 04:06 PM
14+, I'm so sorry. I was thinking about Keesha, but I had no idea Keesha had passed. Big hugs to you, I know it was something you had been expecting as it were, but hadn't heard anything in so long. It is so difficult to let them go. I'd like to think of our pups playing together at the bridge! Shadow will have many great friends up there if she meets up with the pets of all my friends here. :angel2:

Rgeurts
October 24th, 2011, 09:32 PM
DD, We were gone over the weekend. I'm SO sorry about beautiful Shadow :cry:
My heart breaks for you and your family. The image of your DH as you took Shadow away just brings so many tears for you both. I wish I could give you a big hug (unless you were like Shadow and would rather jump in front of a truck! In that case, I would just have to think the words were enough).

If you need anything at all, please let me know. :2huggers:

:rip: beautiful girl :candle: :angel2: :pawprint:

growler~GateKeeper
October 25th, 2011, 01:50 AM
:2huggers:

:rip: sweet :angel2: Shadow :candle: She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

Dog Dancer
October 25th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Thank you Rgeurts and Growler. We appreciate your kind thoughts. Shadow will be back home soon and put in her final resting place.

marko
October 26th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I'm so sorry Dog Dancer, I know how hard this is - please accept my deepest condolences :sorry:

:rip: sweet Shadow

Sincerely
Marko

Dog Dancer
October 26th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Thank you Marko.

luckypenny
October 26th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I'm so, so sorry Dog Dancer :(.

My love to you, dh, ds, and Halo :grouphug:.

:candle: Shadow :candle:

Dog Dancer
October 27th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Thank you Luckypenny. Shadow's ashes were returned yesterday. It's nice to have her back home. We will bury them in the front yard when the weather permits. I miss her terribly:(

Longblades
October 27th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. I trust you have many, many good memories and that soon the time comes when remembering Shadow brings more smiles than tears.

Dog Dancer
October 27th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Thank you Longblades - yes we have many wonderful memories that are slowly replacing the tears.

So Grateful
October 28th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Dearest DD, I've never been here B4 and do hope I'm saying this right. I'm SO very sorry for your loss. I know from personal experience that the pain never goes away. BUT it does become bearable with time. I lost my Min 7 years ago. She was 14. I swore never again would I have another dog. But the Great Spirit in the sky said I was being foolish and that a dog needed me. So he sent me Rosie. She had been badly abused and we healed together. That's why I am 'So Grateful'. I'm certain my precious Min smiles down on me and at this moment is playing with your dear Shadow. Many, many "hugs" to you

Dog Dancer
October 28th, 2011, 02:32 PM
So Grateful, thank you for taking the time to share your feelings with me. If you stick around here you will find that like yourself we are a very supportive group. All the good wishes I've received are appreciated deeply. I am fortunate that I still have another pup at home - well Halo is 11 years old - so it has really helped to ease my loss. That said, it was time for Shadow to go to the bridge and be released of her pain. She will never be forgotten for sure. I am glad you were able to open your heart to another dog in need. Bless you for rescuing a pup who desperately needed your loving.:angel2:

doggy lover
October 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM
DD so sorry to hear about Shadow may she run free with no pain:rip:Shadow and a :grouphug:for you and your family DD you are in my thoughts :pawprint:

Dog Dancer
October 31st, 2011, 03:41 PM
Thank you doggy lover, there will always be a special place in my heart for Shadow. We miss her terribly, but it was her time. Thank you again for your thoughts. Hugs back at you.

Dekka
November 1st, 2011, 09:48 AM
I am sorry. Though I am very happy to hear a story of a dog who was much loved and lived a full life with a great home.

Dog Dancer
November 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM
Thank you Dekka, Shadow was much loved, as is Halo. I used to laugh because my neighbours always used to tell me when they died they wanted to come back as one of my dogs! Yeah, they're spoiled, just a bit.