Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dogs are mental ?? HELP!

anniebananie
October 3rd, 2004, 12:41 PM
:mad: They are driving me round the twist :mad: I have 2 JR's that are 9 and 11 years old. For some reason (not known to humans) one of them will not come into the house from the garden. All she wants to do is sit on the lawn shivering! She will not eat unless I sit beside her - and both are digging Colditz tunnels in the garden. I just don't know what has got into their silly heads. Both have decided that they will only eat their dry food with a little hot water added to make a gravy - they liked it dry b4. Is it the change of season? Is it because they are going through the change of life??? Anyone have any bright ideas. I feel such an idiot standing on the back door step yelling "bacon, bacon, bacon" - which they usually will respond to as if someone were chasing them with a fire cracker. Now I just have to wait and wait and wait - and feel sillier and sillier. :eek: :eek:

Lucky Rescue
October 3rd, 2004, 02:01 PM
Your dogs are now considered to be seniors, and any sudden change in behavior should certainly be checked by your vet, if you haven't already done so.