Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Heidi Girl is Gone....

Chaser
October 10th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I have lost a lot of people close to me....and that still did not prepare me for the hole in my heart now.

Two days ago Heidi became a shadow of herself. She'd been struggling for a while....had good days and bad.....but she always had a big grin and a wagging tail. This was different. She was so tired and DH and I just knew. We had always promised her we would do everything we could to keep her comfortable as long as she was happy. But she wasn't happy anymore.

I knew Heidi right from puppyhood and she stole my heart 13 years ago. She was by my side 24/7 for the past month when we took over full-time care from my in-laws. I would have done anything for her....and that had to include letting her go.

My heart is completely broken.

pbpatti
October 11th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Chaser, I am so sorry for your loss. Heidi was a sweet girl that filled your heart and life, may the pain you are in now ease with time. Good-bye sweet Heidi, fly with the Angels. :angel2::rip: patti

growler~GateKeeper
October 11th, 2011, 12:42 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Heidi :candle: She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

Winston
October 11th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Chaser I am so sorry for the loss of Heidi! You know you gave her the best gift ever! the gift of freedom from the pain and suffering!

She is now running free at the bridge and I sure my big guy is with her having a blast!

Take comfort in knowing there is peace now. Give Chase and Kailey a big hug from me! If you need anything you know where I am okay!

RIP sweet girl!

:rip::dog::angel2:

14+kitties
October 11th, 2011, 08:04 AM
RIP Heidi. Chaser - I know your pain. :(:grouphug::grouphug: You made the end of her life as important as the beginning. God bless you.

Marty11
October 11th, 2011, 08:17 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful picture of her. :candle:

Melinda
October 11th, 2011, 08:32 AM
run pain free over the bridge Heidi.....so sorry for your loss Chaser

Longblades
October 11th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Sylvie
October 11th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I am so sorry you have to go through this.

:rip: Heidi

Shaykeija
October 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
It is so heart breaking to let a much loved pet go......:sorry:I am sorry for your loss....:rip::angel2::pawprint:

Rgeurts
October 11th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Chaser, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that hole in your heart well :( :grouphug:
Take comfort in knowing she is now pain free and happy once again.

:rip: beautiful Heidi :candle: :pawprint: :angel2:

hazelrunpack
October 11th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Heidi, Chaser :grouphug: Even when it's the right thing to do, it's never easy to make that final call. :( She knows she's loved by your whole family and is young and healthy again waiting at the Bridge till you all meet again. I wish you happy memories to lighten your heart. :grouphug:

:candle: Heidi

Goldfields
October 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Big hugs, Chaser. Be proud that you had the strength to do the right thing for Heidi, you have our deepest sympathy.

Dog Dancer
October 11th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Chaser, so sorry to hear about your loss of Heidi. Bless you for not letting her suffer, I know how difficult your decision was as I am struggling with the same one right now. Rest free of pain now Heidi. :grouphug:

Chaser
October 11th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Thank you everyone.....your kind words are truly comforting at a time like this. :grouphug:

doggy lover
October 12th, 2011, 06:02 PM
So sorry to hear about Heidi my thoughts are with you :grouphug:

Dee-O-Gee
October 12th, 2011, 11:05 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss Chaser. :(

:candle: Heidi :candle:

:grouphug: