Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Circular White Bites on my dogs stomach?

brielesparkles
October 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I was petting my dogs tummy and noticed 7 or 8 white circles with red spots in the middle. They can't have been there for long (no more than a day, tops) and they aren't swollen at all. I can't figure out what they could be. They don't seem to be bothering him, and he doesn't notice if I press on them, but I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what they were from, and if I need to do anything about them. Thanks for the help!

hazelrunpack
October 11th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Depending on where you live, they might be gnat or blackfly bites. It's getting late in the year for them here, but it's been unseasonably warm and Grace just got a few bites again yesterday. If the spots don't fade in a few days, though, time for a vet visit.

Oh, and welcome to the board. :o If you've got any pics of your dog to share with us, we'd be forever grateful. :D

brielesparkles
October 12th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Okay, I'll keep an eye on them. They look like they're getting better already! Thank you so much!

I'll definitely post a picture as soon as I have some time and figure the site out a little more! Thanks for the welcome, also. This whole website is so amazing. I have a feeling I'll be using it a ton. ;)