Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dragon's Den!!

pattymac
October 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Totally disgraceful!! They gave money to a website promoting breeding, a pet matchmaking site!!! I can't freakin' believe it!!:confused::(:censored:

I used to watch the show, and they passed on many good pet product ideas but they give money to these A#$holes!!! I already sent an email off to the people running this site and I would bet that I'm not the only one. There are alot of angry posts on the Den's fb page and if the CBC has any balls (doubt it) they will do something about it.

Chaser
October 6th, 2011, 01:24 PM
OMG....I saw a headline about "pet matchmaking" and just assumed it was a dating site for people with pets!

That is so terrible!!!!!

pbpatti
October 6th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Pattymac, I saw some of the program yesterday and was totally appalled that they would back such an idea like this. :loser::frustrated: how to promote BYB's :frustrated: patti

mastifflover
October 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Arlene has backed out of the deal

Loki Love
October 7th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Arlene has backed out of the deal

:thumbs up This is great news!

marko
October 7th, 2011, 10:26 AM
awww man - I kinda dig that show. hate moral dilemmas tho.

I didn't see the show, but the bald dude has no soul. He will invest in anything that can make him cash. So which ones invested?

and shame on them!

Rgeurts
October 7th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Marko, the bald dude said no from the get go. The only one who backed it was Arlene. And even though she backed out, the damage has been done,
they got a ton of publicity. It's very sad. I'm sure they will have investors coming out of the woodwork. The pitch, sadly, was actually decent as far as being a viable investment. People are going to think of the guy that sold Lavalife for $170,000,000+ and want to jump on board. I hope I'm wrong, though.

pattymac
October 7th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Well that's good that she backed out. Hopefully most of the attention they get to their site will be negative.

Bina
October 8th, 2011, 07:58 PM
We watch that show every week, plus the re-runs. What Arlene did was STUPID. She is the first one to turn up her nose at the scantily clad models and such, but when she saw the $$ potential to be made on a dog dating site, she briefly lost her mind.
I guess that's what separates "us" from "them". :(