- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Too Smart for her own good!!

September 20th, 2011, 01:00 PM
So we have a new dog next door. Bayley, of course figures she has to yell at the other dog and carry on like a complete fool. So we've been working on quiet at the fence so you don't act like a total turkey and cause a ruckus.

Well it's been going well....but here's the thing, if I let her out to do her business and the other dog is out, she'll run to the fence and bark. So it's about 3 barks and she stops and looks at the house. No one's coming she'll repeat, if still no one's coming she has to get louder and more excited!! Now if I come out, then she shuts up and comes running over. So I've started just rewarding a quiet, so I send her to the fence to see and if she's quiet then she gets a treat or a good girl. But it's funny to watch her if I'm in the house I can see the yard through the kitchen window, so she'll stop and look right at me sort of like Hey I'm barking out here!!! You comin' out!!??

September 21st, 2011, 12:15 AM
Dogs are so funny when they know or think we're watching :laughing:

When I had dogs a tap on the window let them know they were being watched so behave/stop barking/time to come in etc :D

September 23rd, 2011, 09:25 PM
Ya that's what I do. Today when I went out to remind her to be quiet. I had to ask a few times, where's my quiet but she did stop barking at her neighbour and just watched her through the fence so at least now I know she can turn off the barking when asked to.