Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where???

Bugsy
October 1st, 2004, 10:15 PM
Make it a "mandatory field" to mention what city we are in.
We are forever asking posters, whom either want to surrender/adopt, lost/ found an animal, "where are you located?"

chico2
October 2nd, 2004, 08:59 AM
Bugsy,good idea!!It's not like we are a bunch of stalkers here :D

iRONKNiGHT
October 2nd, 2004, 09:17 AM
Bugsy my buddy! you're in Montreal too? wicked :) Go Bugsy Go Bugsy Go Bugsy!

marko
October 2nd, 2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks... That's a good idea. I will try to implement this in the near near future.

meggie1425
October 2nd, 2004, 12:02 PM
I think thats a good idea, but i live in a small town about 20 mins north of toronto, so should i just put my location as toronto?

Writing4Fun
October 2nd, 2004, 01:00 PM
Maybe not city (for those who might be a tad concerned), but how about Province/State/Region??

chico2
October 2nd, 2004, 02:29 PM
Unless there is only 2 people in that city,I cannot see the danger of telling where you live :D

Writing4Fun
October 2nd, 2004, 03:03 PM
Ahh, so I see you've visited our little village before? :D Yeah, folks back home had a great chuckle when I told them I actually live in a "village" - not a city, town, burgh - a village. :rolleyes: We don't even have our own gas station, fer cryin' out loud!

meggie1425
October 2nd, 2004, 03:17 PM
Its not that im concerned, and its not that small of a town (a growing 20,000) i just dont even know if very many people have heard of it.

Writing4Fun
October 2nd, 2004, 03:43 PM
If you're not concerned, then go for it! :) If no one's heard of your town before, then you'll be putting it on the map, so to speak. ;)

chico2
October 2nd, 2004, 04:39 PM
Writing4fun,don't knock it I would love to live in a village as long as the people are nice.When we moved to Oakville I really loved it,but it's getting bigger and bigger and ugly.Luckily we live in an old area that cannot be touch,nowadays they would probably put three houses on our property :D

Bugsy
October 2nd, 2004, 04:41 PM
Guys...just put the closest metropolitan city nearest you.
Example...closest airport. :D

meggie1425
October 3rd, 2004, 10:02 AM
Ok, i'll put my location, but how do i change it?? (ive done it before, but ive seemed to forgotten :D )

marko
October 3rd, 2004, 10:08 AM
Click User CP at the top left - then edit profile.

meggie1425
October 3rd, 2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks Marko

Sneaky2006
October 4th, 2004, 08:19 AM
I don't think putting your city should be mandatory...
I for one will not put my city on anything anymore... getting a taste of a creepy stalker person was enough for me!
I don't care if the person lives half way around the world... a stalker will go anywhere!!

goldenblaze
October 6th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Ahh, so I see you've visited our little village before? :D Yeah, folks back home had a great chuckle when I told them I actually live in a "village" - not a city, town, burgh - a village. :rolleyes: We don't even have our own gas station, fer cryin' out loud!

That's funny, I'm like you people believe my road is a cow path :D It is a true country dirt road and I love it, my car is green but honestly you would think it is brown. I do wash it often but I can live with a dirty car on the outside to have fresh air and animals any day :eek:

krdahmer
October 7th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Its not that im concerned, and its not that small of a town (a growing 20,000) i just dont even know if very many people have heard of it.
Even better....a conversation starter! ;)