Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good bye sweet Gemini

FurryMom
September 16th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I lost the sweetest cat I have every known on Tuesday. He would give the best hugs, loved to be rubbed, rub his face on yours, purr like a motor boat and was the only cat that liked the puppy. I had 10 wonderful years with Gemini and his brother Libra. Gemini had Lymphoma, kidney failure and critically low red blood cell count. We could not save him. He declined too rapidly for us to help him. I had to make the toughest decision I have ever made. I decided that I couldn't put him through anything else and had to let him go. I gave him kisses and loved him until after he was no longer with us and still after he was gone. Libra lost his brother, I lost my sweet baby.

Gemini was solid black and Libra is solid white. We always said they were Yin and Yang. They were Ebony and Ivory. I miss him so much.

:rip: Gemini

Rgeurts
September 16th, 2011, 09:35 PM
What beautiful boys. I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave him a wonderful gift, though I know it doesn't feel like it now. :grouphug: :grouphug:

:rip: sweet kitty :candle: :cat:

hazelrunpack
September 16th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Gemini, FurryMom :grouphug: Never doubt that he knew he was well-loved. That love creates a bond that can't be broken, even in death. He's happy and healthy again now, watching over you as your angel, until you meet again. :2huggers:

:candle: handsome Gemini

Winston
September 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM
RIP Sweet gemini :candle:

I am so sorry for your loss. The pain is great I know. I hope it eases for you and the wonderful memories start to shine.

Fly free of pain sweet Gemini :rip::cat:

DMCWLVSSR
September 17th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Giant Hugs! :rip: Sweet Gemini

Sylvie
September 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.:grouphug: He definately was handsome.:lovestruck:

:rip: Gemini

CsqU4r3d
September 17th, 2011, 01:11 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss:grouphug:Gemini was a very handsome lad :rip::candle::cat::angel2:

FurryMom
September 17th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Thank you everyone. He was a very handsome and so sweet boy. One of the sweetest cats I have every known. I will miss him forever, but I know I did what was right for him, even if it did hurt my heart. Making the decision to not make them hurt anymore is hard, but right. I know he has found many friends, dogs and cats, over the rainbow bridge. He was always the kitty that took care of the smaller animals. He even tolerated the puppy. Letting him jump on him and play without swatting at him. He was just a mellow and loving cat.

I took his brother to the vet today for a check up, I am not taking any chances. Libra is in good health. The vet says his teeth look good, his heart and lungs sound good, no masses in his abdomen and weighs 14 lbs, so could stand to lose a little bit of weight. They were always big cats, though. The are long and tall, just huge for house cats. I am working on getting some mats out of his fur so he can get a bath. I hope to have Gemini's brother for a long long time.

growler~GateKeeper
September 17th, 2011, 11:07 PM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Gemini :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

Koteburo
September 17th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I'm truly sorry for your loss.
Goodbye kitty angel Gemini. Say hello to Menchi and the rest of my fur babies in there.
I'm sure your furry mom will always remember you with love :candle:

chico2
September 18th, 2011, 08:21 AM
What a gorgeous kitty Gemimi was,I am so very sorry for your loss:cry:
I lost my very special boy last september and although I still miss him every day,I can now smile about all the special habits and quirks he had.
Our heart breaks,having to be the ones who makes that final desicion,but it's done with love and I am sure Gemini is happy where he is,no longer suffering. Go with the angels:angel::angel2: beautiful boy....

Dee-O-Gee
September 18th, 2011, 09:43 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss FurryMom. :grouphug:

:rip: Sweet Gemini :candle:

marko
September 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I too offer you my deepest condolences Furrymom. I know how hard this is.

:rip: Sweet Gemini :candle:

Sincerely

Marko