Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

could this feature be added to this site?

justncase
October 1st, 2004, 07:28 PM
I was wondering how new members become aware that they have a private email box on this site. I realize that it is evident when one looks to the upper right of the screen but new members who post on this site may not be aware until later that this site has this feature. Some of them have posted concerning urgent situations and I would like to have the choice of either posting my reply or private-messaging them but I am beginning to wonder if some are aware that they have a private email box feature on this site and that it may be full of messages. Another site has a pop-up feature for private messages- the moment a member enters the site - a pop-up appears saying- You have a message". Would it be feasible to implement that feature on this site?

chico2
October 2nd, 2004, 09:03 AM
Justincase,there actually is,if someone has pm'd you it will pop up if you're on line,otherwise it will show up in your e-mail inbox,saying you have a private message.

justncase
October 2nd, 2004, 06:08 PM
I was thinking that the added feature would be that it would pop-up the moment a person signed on- that there was as message in the Inbox. I think the way it works on this site is that a person actually has to be online at the same time a private message is being sent to t their Inbox in order for the pop-up to appear.

marko
October 2nd, 2004, 06:27 PM
Hi,

Actually it works the way you want it to. You do NOT have to acually be online to receive the message, you will receive it the message IF you are online OR the next time you loggin.

I will send you a test message now.

thx

Marko

Iggette
October 5th, 2004, 07:39 AM
One thing I have noticed of late with my PM's is when I log on it will say some thing like you have a private message from "so-n-so" to open message in this window click "OK".....so I click "OK"....then it goes away and the message does not open I have to go to user CP to retrieve the message.....if I press cancel to open in a new window.......it still just goes away......anyone else have this happen?......that PM's can only be retrieved by going straight to "user CP"?