Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Stella

TeriM
September 14th, 2011, 03:20 AM
Our new vizsla puppy born May 31 joined our home on August 10 and has kept us very busy :cloud9:. She is settling into our home wonderfully. The cats are coming around slowly. Fred is pretty comfortable with her until she starts zooming around and Desi only likes her when she is sleeping :laughing:. Riley has been wonderful. He growls at her but they are very appropriate "quit bouncing on my head" type growls and really sometimes I wish he was a bit more firm with her.

Anyway here are some pictures ...

Day we picked her up to fly home.

TeriM
September 14th, 2011, 03:22 AM

Koteburo
September 14th, 2011, 03:22 AM
:lovestruck: She's so beautiful! Those eyes :cloud9:
What a cutie!

TeriM
September 14th, 2011, 03:25 AM
and these last ones are from labour day weekend when we went camping in the okanagan.

growler~GateKeeper
September 14th, 2011, 03:33 AM
So cute!! :cloud9:

She looked a little unsure at first about the water until Riley showed her it was okay :D

Melinda
September 14th, 2011, 08:39 AM
oh she is adorable, there is a 13 yr old vizla that brina plays with at the beach, Fred...he's the same color but is now very very white around the snout....

Sylvie
September 14th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Congratulations on your new addition.

She is beautiful. :lovestruck:

It looks like she is really enjoying being with Riley.

Rgeurts
September 14th, 2011, 10:35 AM
TeriM, she is a doll :flirt: :lovestruck:

I just love her color!! She sure has found a wonderful home, and so nice of Riley to "show her the ropes" :D

Dog Dancer
September 14th, 2011, 11:33 AM
How cute is she! :lovestruck: I think my favourite picture is the one of her and Riley walking away from you down the path/road. It's like "stick with me kid". Love it. What a good big brother Riley is being.

hazelrunpack
September 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I love that shot, too, DD! :cloud9: What a doll that Stella is :flirt:

Wow, Teri, she looks a lot bigger in the last set of photos--the set from your Labour Day outing! Has she really been growing like a weed or is that just trick of the camera angle?

Winston
September 14th, 2011, 09:29 PM
TeriM Stella is beautiful! She is such a lucky girl!!! :thumbs up

TeriM
September 15th, 2011, 03:18 AM
She looked a little unsure at first about the water until Riley showed her it was okay :D

She actually swims very well but gets cold in the water easily. There was one day on that weekend where it was very warm with no wind and she spent a lot of time in the water then. A different day was warm but quite windy and she got cold so mainly played on the beach.

oh she is adorable, there is a 13 yr old vizla that brina plays with at the beach, Fred...he's the same color but is now very very white around the snout....

That's wonderful that a 13 year old still wants to play :lovestruck:.

TeriM
September 15th, 2011, 03:20 AM
Wow, Teri, she looks a lot bigger in the last set of photos--the set from your Labour Day outing! Has she really been growing like a weed or is that just trick of the camera angle?

She is growing like crazy. When she came home at ten weeks she was just over 12 pounds. I weighed her this week (15 weeks) and she is now 21 pounds. She has moved up a size in her seatbelt and I am constantly adjusting the tightness of her collar.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful compliments and good wishes :).

Dee-O-Gee
September 15th, 2011, 10:06 PM
STELLA!!! What a stellar name, love it! :thumbs up

I love picture 3 in post 2 of her and Riley walking with each other. :cloud9:

Vizsla's have such a wonderful disposition. My BIL & SIL had one that lived to be 12. He was such a beautiful boy and great with kids.

Welcome Stella and sure hope mommy posts many more sweet pictures. :flirt:

DMCWLVSSR
September 15th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Congrats on the newest member of the family. She is adorable.