Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

DOG WAS FOUND! Lost Hound Dog - Dorset - Haliburton, Ontario

marko
September 13th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Posted for Chris by Admin:

Our very loved hound went missing September 9th from a backwoods cottage near Red Pine Lake, Kennisis Lake area. She is a 3 y.o. female with beautiful brown and black markings--a beagle/hound cross.

We are offering a $1,000 reward to anybody who brings her to us.
The area is deep forest, but is accessible through various roads, logging routes and ATV trails. She could be anywhere in the area bound by Kennisis Lake, Red Pine, Big Hawk, Little Hawk Lakes, Clear Lake, Sherborne Lake, The Frost Centre and Haliburton Forest.

She has no collar on, and is microchipped.
Her name is Ruby, she is extremely friendly and often comes to a whistle.

More info at LostBeagle.ca (http://LostBeagle.ca)

marko
September 16th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Just received this Email from Chris: RUBY HAS BEEN FOUND. :thumbs up

----------------------------------

Ruby has been found and is safe at home!
Her 6 days in the bush left her a bit thin and scared, however she is recovering well at home (as are we).
Niki and I would like to thank all those people who took time from their busy personal lives to assist in so many ways. In addition to the assistance in getting the word out, your willingness to assist, your compassion and words of support gave us optimism and helped fuel us over the last 6 days of relentless searching the wilderness, posting signs and using all the media we could access. While Niki has been living in Dorset for some years now, and knows many people through her real estate career, I am new. I must say that I feel lucky to now be entering into such a great community. I would also like to thank my colleagues who covered for me allowing me the time away from work to rescue Ruby.

And when it comes to the larger community, we would like to thank all those who sent information, advice and words of support over the web or by phone from afar. To these friends and strangers, we both would like to say that you made this ordeal easier to endure. To all those good people who run pet lost-and-found websites, work in shelters, and devote time to assisting pets and their owners reunite--you are good souls.

Lastly, it was the canoeists from Kinark who phoned in the all important siting, Jake the amazing Beagle who tracked and gave us her general location, and Ron, the owner of the wonderful Big Hawk Marina who assisted us, and ultimately sighted Ruby and drove the rescue boat.

Thank you, we will be forever grateful.
Chris, Niki, Milo, Jake and Ruby.

Mirela
September 16th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Hurrah for good news! And what a nice message from Ruby's family - it shows how much she means to them as well.

hazelrunpack
September 16th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Hurray!!!