chico2
September 9th, 2011, 04:19 PM
A study of Chippie,the Chipmunk..

chico2
September 9th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Vinnie and Chico..

chico2
September 9th, 2011, 04:22 PM
and some more..I kind of just flicked away,sitting out enjoying the sun..

chico2
September 9th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Last few,not very good..

hazelrunpack
September 9th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Wow! That "I's sooo cute" chipmunk pic and the monarch shot are Oh Soooo Good, chico22!! :cloud9:

But my fave pics are of your boys hidin' in the shrubberies :D

Lucky you getting some cardinals, too! I had high hopes that some of the juvies we saw passing through last fall would come back to set up housekeeping this summer, but they never did. :frustrated:

mikischo
September 9th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Love all your pics and captions, Chico2.

Chippy is so cute.:lovestruck: The "I'm sooo cute" one is my fav of him too.

Cardinals are very rare in Manitoba and I hardly ever see a Monarch.:( We do get lots of "exotic" sparrows.:D

Love the pic of Vinnie waiting for the thirsty birds and both your boys look so cute hiding in the bushes.:cloud9:

chico2
September 10th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Thank's girls,I thought I had a good pic of Chico hiding,but it got all blurry..
We have Cardinals here all winter.
I've seen maybe 6 Monarchs all summer,but yesterday we saw a lot,maybe they are just passing through.???

hazelrunpack
September 10th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Our monarchs have been hatching out of their chrysalises (chrysali?) for the past week or so. Another flew away last night from under the deck! :cloud9: One more to go, that we know of, that I'm keeping a close eye on cuz when it's ready to hatch, I'm going to have to keep the dogs out of the basement yard. It's only half-way up the hummingbird garden fence, well within reach of curious dogs, and will likely hang there for a good number of hours after emerging as its wings unfurl. With luck, I'll get some pics :thumbs up

DMCWLVSSR
September 11th, 2011, 06:50 PM
wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing