Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost: My boy cat MOKE: Ellerslie Crossing, South Edmonton Alberta ~ FOUND!

Mokalover
September 7th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Moke's a beautiful Himalayan Ragdoll. He got out Sept 3rd/2011 and vanished. He is not an outside cat so I am worried that he is dehydrated somewhere, scared and unwilling to move. If anyone sees a cat like him please put water and food out and call me. xxx xxx xxxx

I don't know what else to do. I have posters everywhere in the neighborhood and use sites like these. I feel helpless. We are going to roam the street at around 3am looking for Mokey as it is very quiet then and perhaps we can hear him if he calls back. I wish there were things like a locater chip that can determine the whereabouts of anything that has one, like in the movies...hmmm, I guess our cell phones can be used that way now. Is there such a thing for animals, I wonder? :frustrated:

growler~GateKeeper
September 7th, 2011, 01:08 AM
If you can put his litterbox and/or a worn but unwashed t shirt or pair of smelly shoes of yours out on the deck this may help lead him home :fingerscr

Go around the neighbourhood at dusk/dawn calling him, rattling a treat container or tap a spoon on his dish or tin of food. Bring a flashlight to pick up the shine off his eyes from under cars/decks/bushes or up trees.

I see you've postered the neighbourhood, also leave one w/ local businesses, grocery stores, vets & all animal shelters and local schools in the area that will help garner attention that this boy has a home who wants him back

:goodvibes: and :fingerscr

Mokalover
September 7th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Thanks. I'll try anything. We just want him back home.

mikischo
September 7th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Mokey is a beautiful boy. :pray::pray::goodvibes::goodvibes: :fingerscr:fingerscr that you find him soon.

sugarcatmom
September 7th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Does he have a microchip or tattoo? Have you registered a report with PetLynx (http://www.petlynx.net/about_petlynx/index.php)?

Good luck!!! I hope you find him soon. :fingerscr

Mokalover
September 8th, 2011, 11:17 AM
THIS IS THE BIGGEST MYSTERY.

I literally combed our neighborhood at different times of the day hoping to find Moke -(In the early morning, late at night and midday) I found NOTHING:frustrated: We went down to Animal Control and Humane Society to see if he was brought in, I called Emergency clinics to see if he was there. I have him on Petlynx and viewed it hourly. I have him up on Kijiji and promoted the Ad yesterday for 7 days. We put up about 70 LOST posters around our neighborhood and adjoining ones, we drove along highways and looked in ditches. I left out some old clothing, some food and water and had an old cat box out side. I was envisioning him suffering and dehydrated somewhere under a porch or in someones garage unbeknownst to them. I was devastated and sad....and then....

.....early this morning, we hear a familiar cry at the back door and there's Moke flying in the house like nothing ever happened. :crazy: 5 days gone.:shrug:

WHERE ON EARTH WAS HE?

Thanks guys for your support :thumbs up

chico2
September 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM
OMG,what a fantastic ending to this post,thank you:clap::clap::thumbs up
He is a stunning cat,maybe someone had him for a few days...

mikischo
September 8th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Yay, I'm so happy to hear that Moke has come home safely. :thumbs up

I love happy endings.:cloud9:

Guess where he was and what he was doing will remain a secret cause he won't tell.:laughing:

Love4himies
September 8th, 2011, 11:48 AM
That is wonderful news :thumbs up.

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Title of thread has been edited to reflect the great news, Mokalover!! I'm so glad he's back!! :highfive:

growler~GateKeeper
September 9th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Awesome news! :highfive: