Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beautiful Siamese Cat looking for home

daniellekim
October 1st, 2004, 12:23 PM
Sweet chocolate point cat Max needs a new home. He is 8 years old, very quiet and sweet cat. I cannot keep him in my apt. according to my landlord. He likes to sleep, play. Lives in Montreal. can you take him? If so write me at makeroomfortv@hotmail.com.

thank you!

sammiec
October 1st, 2004, 12:25 PM
Do you have any pictures for your boy? Did you just move to a new apartment?
:)

badger
October 1st, 2004, 12:36 PM
As far as I know, in Quebec you cannot be evicted for having an animal. Check out the laws, your landlord may be wrong. If you signed a lease agreeing to NOT have an animal, that may be a different story. There's a rental clinic in Westmount that could help you, their number is 488-0412, open 9am-9 pm weekdays.

Lucky Rescue
October 1st, 2004, 07:35 PM
Everything Badger said.

As far as I know, without signed complaints from neighbours, the landlord cannot force you to get rid of a pet.

Bugsy
October 1st, 2004, 10:12 PM
Ok ...I shouldn't be doing this because I am a Landlord.
Here goes. Don't do anything. The landlord first has to go to the Regie de logements and open a dossier. This will cost 58 dollars plus tax. By the time you actually get a court date...many months (about 6) will pass. The Regie does not consider this as a priority. If you do end with a court date the landlord will have to prove you have a cat. Never admit it.... say you gave it back already (cat sitting for someone). If the landlord ever confronts you..do not say it is your cat. Lie, just say you are watching it for someone & get that someone to come to court and say...you really were cat sitting.

By the time it plays out...the landlord will either give up and let you keep the cat...or it will be moving time anyway.

PS if it's not in your lease...you could get a Great Dane if you wanted to. :eek:

badger
October 2nd, 2004, 11:52 AM
Good on you Bugsy. Now that's what I call a responsible landlord.

chico2
October 3rd, 2004, 04:13 PM
Well,she did not reply,so I guess it was just another one of those excuses to get rid of a cat :mad: