Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thorin is a "Pin-up" boy

Rgeurts
September 6th, 2011, 09:27 PM
The Alberta Cancer Therapy Subsidization Society (ACTSS) asked if they could use Thorin in this years Calendar. We told them we would be honored to have our beautiful boy be a part of the campaign!! I bought a bunch of em, but 100% of the proceeds go back into the organization to help pets with cancer (they help all pets... rabbits, ferrets, rats, cats and dogs), so it's a wonderfully worthy cause :lovestruck:

Thorin is Mr. December :D

hazelrunpack
September 6th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Oh, wow! That is just so cool, Rgeurts! :grouphug:

Rgeurts
September 6th, 2011, 09:53 PM
They did a great job on the calendar! But then they always do. I'm just partial to this years :o

They do a lot of fundraising events. The Halloween party and costume contest is "The" big one. :D

mikischo
September 6th, 2011, 10:44 PM
That is a very nice writeup and Thorin makes an absolutely gorgeous December Pin-up boy.:cloud9:

Sylvie
September 7th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Awsome news. Now I know a celebrity :laughing:

Great picture. :thumbs up

Melinda
September 7th, 2011, 09:53 AM
ohhhhh what a sexy dude...can we have his pawdograph?????

what a nice article, gee, sounds like hubby is a keeper too!!

CsqU4r3d
September 7th, 2011, 10:14 AM
How wonderful for you and hubby!! Your boy makes a dashing Mr December...a lovely article..where can one purchase a calendar? I would love to support this great cause.:flirt::dog:

Winston
September 7th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Rguerts that is awesome! Do you know if they are selling any more? I would love to order one! Also if I know a celebrity I may be able to get Thorin to
Pawtograph it!!! :laughing:

Dog Dancer
September 7th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Aww beautiful Thorin. I wanted to ask about ordering one also. I guess they must have an on line link somewhere?? Will go and look, but if you have the info Rgeurts that would be great!

Mr. December - what a great way to end the year!

Rgeurts
September 7th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks all!! I think they did a wonderful job. Thorin is such a special boy :flirt: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Melinda, hubs is pretty special too, definitely a "keeper"!! LoL :D

BIG :grouphug:'s to you all!

I will PM Marko and see if I can post the link here. He let me last year for their Halloween event (prior to us knowing Thorin had cancer and they would eventually be helping us :o). I don't think this calendar is up on the website just yet. Our vet brought them with her on Saturday (she is a co-founder, I believe, and sits on the board), so we got a sneak peak and were able to buy them early :)

Rgeurts
September 7th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Oh, and December is very fitting for him, it's his birth month. He was born on Christmas Day, 1999 :)

chico2
September 8th, 2011, 10:45 AM
That is such a beautiful pic of Thorin,a wonderful Pin-Up boy:thumbs up

Dog Dancer
September 8th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Maybe your vet can get more??