Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My thoughts for the day!!!

Britishvixen21
September 30th, 2004, 10:06 PM
So i was perusing some of the rescue sites and reading about success stories, and after watching the show on CBS last night about Animal cruelty it got me wondering and i came up with a brilliant idea!

Most animals are PTS purely because of the space a rescources right? so instead of putting animals to sleep, how about if the goverment decided that all child molesters, murderers, animal abusers and rapists were to be PTS instead! then the jails could be turned into part jail part rescue centre, and all the lesser criminals i.e. burglars, fraudsters etc could look after the dogs (remember the documentary about dogs being looked after by inmates) they could learn to train them and then they could have adoption hours for potential rescuee's.

this to me is a win win situation all the evil people in this world finally get what they should have got in the first place, and all the innocent animals in this world get a warm roof over there head, fed three times a day, and a safe place to live.

I know this is NEVER gonna happen, but i know id feel a little less angry about handing over my well earned tax dollars if i knew i was saving the life of an animal instead of helping to house a peadophile!!!

wAggie
September 30th, 2004, 10:09 PM
sounds good to me!!!

when can we vote you into office? :D

Lucky Rescue
September 30th, 2004, 10:25 PM
so instead of putting animals to sleep, how about if the goverment decided that all child molesters, murderers, animal abusers and rapists were to be PTS instead!

I've been wishing for this for a long time!! I'll vote for you! Off with their heads. :D

(I wonder how many kids are abused each day by adult humans, in comparison to how many are bitten by dogs? I think the wrong beasts are being banned.)

Shaykeija
September 30th, 2004, 11:23 PM
When you run for Prime Minister ya gets mah vote. :D :D :D

Bugsy
September 30th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Where's my ballot... :p

krdahmer
October 1st, 2004, 01:12 AM
Sign me up....I'll be on your campaign!! ;)

anniebananie
October 1st, 2004, 06:30 AM
Sign me up for :) I saw the programme that you were talking about. Didn't the inmates train dogs to help people - as in dogs for the blind or something like that. It helped the women involved and the dogs. This could be the answer :p

moontamara
October 1st, 2004, 06:37 AM
Sorry! No support from me. I am 100% against capital punishment.

anniebananie
October 1st, 2004, 07:12 AM
Who for - the dogs or the inmates of the prisons? :p I have to agree with you for murderers - but there are lots of others locked up who could do with a reminder that they have responsabilities :rolleyes:

MBRA518
October 1st, 2004, 08:02 AM
Sorry! No support from me. I am 100% against capital punishment.

While I consider that admirable - probably makes you a bigger person to be able to see good in those people.

Not me - I'm with LR... off with their heads! For the violent and sexual predators anyway. I know a person serving time for murder - and I would say he's more dangerous now than he was before serving time.

Not only is the animals being PTS comparison disturbing but so too is the fact that it costs 4 times as much to house a criminal (and the more violent the more cost as more security) as a single Mom W/2 kids gets for welfare... And our tax dollars are paying for it all. In mates eat better than the average family and don't even need to cook... the whole thing just disturbs me. Now I know it's no country club in there - but these people are provided for much better than the law abiding citizen with a crappy job. Just not right... back to bread and water I say!

moontamara
October 1st, 2004, 08:25 AM
well I suppose this is not the place for such a talk so I won't go into my opinions in depth. I will say that I understand the OP's sentiment and all the responses in favour of it -- it's a pretty complicated issue for me, though. I'm guessing the OP was tongue in cheek anyway, right?

Britishvixen21
October 1st, 2004, 07:27 PM
I wish i could run for Prime Minister id have quite a few changes to make!!! however considering that i am a women to start (Canada never having yet had a female Prime Minister) and not a Canadian Citizen (yet) but hey who knows what the future holds! VOTE BRITISH VIXEN LOL and her soon to be trusty lhaso apso sidekick.

hehehehe

moontamara
October 1st, 2004, 07:34 PM
Actually, Canada did have a female prime minister once (Kim Campbell) but if you blinked you might have missed her -- and she wasn't an elected prime minister, so some people think that she doesn't count. Here's her bio: http://collections.ic.gc.ca/discourspm/anglais/kc/bio.html (no, I was in no way a fan, but proud that we finally had a female prime minister even for such a short time).

Cinnabear
October 1st, 2004, 10:25 PM
I don't know, it will still be a sad place. It's not pleasant being in a cage 24/7. Just breaks my heart to see that. :(

Britishvixen21
October 2nd, 2004, 09:43 PM
Wow thanks for that link moon, that was really interesting, i love Canadian history, and its all makes good reading for when i FINALLY get my citizenship. I never realised how many great inventions came from Canada like the Telephone and Velcro. I guess i picked the best country to live in!

glasslass
October 3rd, 2004, 01:10 AM
So, Moonie, if not capital punishment, could we agree on a little cruel and unusual punishment? ;) I just think pedaphiles and the like shouldn't be separated from the other prisoners. No special treatment, just have to face the consequences of what they do. If a person chooses to live violently, they should have to live among their peer group. No special protections.

moontamara
October 3rd, 2004, 05:16 PM
Sorry, Glasslass, can't even agree with you there -- not that I don't understand how you feel!

melanie
October 4th, 2004, 05:28 PM
hi there brit vixen, this saturday we are having a crappy federal election in australia and hopefully kicking mr howard in the arse and onto the streets, now we dont have any really suitable applicants, yes a couple want the job, but they are as stupid and crap as little johnny howard.

so perhaps if i could raise the cash, how would you like to run for priminister of australia??

its not a hard job, you get paid heaps and if you kiss the right arses well you wont actually have to do anything but follow the other countries. sounds easy doesnt it. your policies sound good, ill vote for ya (as long as you give me a bloody job :rolleyes: howard is too dumb to do that)

now if your a good sheep and like to follow anyone blindly come on over, well you dont even have to do that much, from what i can tell we will vote for anyone, just as long as no one actually asks us to do anything, yeah we will vote for ANYONE (which is very obvious by the way) i would vote for my dog at the moment, she would do better.

good by little johnny with the ugly eyebrows, go and retire somewhere will you and destroy other ppls lands, perhaps under a rock :D

"we do not need you ,
we do not believe you,
and well ditch you when your 64' (sung to the tune of will you still need me when im 64) :D

(my country is up a creek without a paddle, please help us :eek: :mad: :o )