Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help! My dog can't stand up!

Quynh
August 28th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I just adopted my Chihuahua Mix(5 months) last Thursday and my uncle forced him slept outside on the second day. It was kinda cold!(we live at CA) and last night(3rd night) I let him slept in my room. The temp was normal, but he shivered his back legs. So I put on a t-shirt and he stopped. This morning, when I woke up, I told him to get out with me, I even used the dog snack(his fave) but he stood up for a few secs then he lie down. I had to carried him to the back yard. Right now, he won't eat anything but dog snack. I tried to hold the snack above his head, he saw it but he didn't stand up. So in the end, I gave it to him. He isn't active much today. He lay down and when he see me, he'd stand up and walk a few steps w/ me. So I checked his back legs, 1 of them was red. Is it swollen? Do I have to take him to the vet? Do you know how much is it cost? I'd do anything for him!

Winston
August 28th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the site! sorry its under these circumstances....We are not vets here and I would say if you can get to the vets I would have him checked out. Could he have been bitten by anything? snakes, spiders, other animals? considering he isnt eating and you indicated he is lethagic and cant really walk I would be rushing to the vets...IMO.

Good Luck

Cindy

hazelrunpack
August 28th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Welcome to Pets.ca, Quynh.

Unfortunately, as Winston rightly points out, our members are not vets and unable to address potentially serious health issues like this one. Time is critical - please contact a vet immediately. Good luck, we'll watch for an update on your pet's condition. In keeping with site policy, this thread will now be closed.