Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bully shedding!!!

BastienBully
August 26th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question. But ive notice that lately Bully has been shedding alot more then usual. He's 11 month old.

Some people have told me that he's loosing his sumer fur and getting ready for the winter... Is it possible? I was thinking maybe stress, i dont see why he would be stressed tho, nothing has changed.

He also stopped eating when its time (im doing the take away the bowl after 10min of not eating and only giving it back on the next feeding time, he then eats)

He acts fine, plays as usual and doesnt look sick at all

He doesnt have any bald spots or anything there.

He also has some really small red bumps around his neck, this might be a completely different problem tho...

What do you guys think? :shrug:

Melinda
August 26th, 2011, 07:54 AM
it is shedding season, Brina is brushed daily right now. Her shed usually lasts quite a while but she doesn't shed as much as others because of the food she's on. as for the red dots, could he have fleas?

Winston
August 26th, 2011, 07:59 AM
My boy is shedding quite a bit too right now. I have to say it does sound like flea bites??

BastienBully
August 26th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks guys... Should a flea collar do the trick?

Winston
August 26th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I would never use a flea collar...I have heard too many horrible stories about them causing health issues.

Have you taken a flea comb and checked the area?

Do you treat normally for fleas and ticks? like advantage or revolution?

BastienBully
August 26th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I would never use a flea collar...I have heard too many horrible stories about them causing health issues.

Have you taken a flea comb and checked the area?

Do you treat normally for fleas and ticks? like advantage or revolution?

Ok ill keep that in mind for the flea collar. And for treating for fleas and ticks... i might need to watch this a little closer. Thanks!