Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dachshund diagnosed with Canine Sarcoidosis

ellie
August 18th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Hi: just recently my mini dachshund Maggie developed small pimple like growths all over her back. We took her to our vets and had a biopsy done on the growths. The results have recently come back from Guelph with the diagnosis of multi focal granulomas, suspect Canine Sarcoidosis.
I was wondering if anyone on this board has had a pet with this problem or heard of this condition.
We have an appointment on Friday with our vet to discuss the findings and to see what course we should take.
The strange things is that I have sacoidosis but had never heard of it in a dog. I am suspecting that the course of action will be simular in dogs as it will be in humans,
Would love to hear from anyone else who has had their pet diagnosed with this condition and any information.

thank you

ellie

hazelrunpack
August 18th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the board, ellie. Haven't had any direct experience with canine sarcoidosis, though I knew someone once who had a dog with it. As I recall (and that's the only thing I recall :o) it was confined to skin only, unlike the human variety, which as you know can involve multiple systems.

:fingerscr there's someone on the board who has more knowledge about it.