Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Saydee vs the ????

renegaderuby
August 17th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Its three am, hear saydee (1.5 yr old lh black and tan female dach)...barking and growling in the kitchen. Saydee is not one to do that unless she SEES something or HEARS something "bad" (in her mind anyways).
I get a little worried . Has someone broken into the house, is she just seeing a shadow ....and so forth. I finally venture to the kitchen (which is dark except for a small nightlight we have for her)...and she is looking at a paticular spot and is just fierce ....I mean...she MEANT IT.
So...i stumble over there and cant see anything...just a small blackish blob on the floor. I turn on the light.......
any guess what it was????
IT WAS A GRASSHOPER. :p.

I died laughing...and went in search of a cup to scoop it up and toss it out.
So saydee protected us from the big bad mean ole grasshopper.
My husband was NOT impressed. However I thought it was incredible hilarious and she got a cookie sneaked to her when he wasnt looking.

Wonder what it will be next.
Stay tuned.

hazelrunpack
August 17th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Good girl, Saydee!! Way to go getting Mom up to get rid of the icky bug!! :laughing:

Ours are keeping us safe from butterflies, which is a task that is mercifully quiet at night (butterflies gotta sleep, too)! :D

renegaderuby
August 17th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Butterflies...oh that cute! Ruby is usually my bug cacther. she catches, chomps, then spits out the parts and ROLLS ON THEM. I'm like...really ruby. it was enough you spit out all the yuck parts...now you gotta rub them into the carpet to. But I always feed her a treat anyways..because as she so pointingly put it "least i killed it mom".
(she talks...i swear she does). either that I'm a lunatic...but least I'm a happy lunatic.
Although she taught herself how to "bark talk" when she was a pup..and some of her barks sound like words. her latest "im hungry".
too cute.
sorry...rabit trail there. (no offense to the bunnies)