Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Matsi has lost her battle with Nose Cancer

groundwire
August 13th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I miss my Sweet Matsi so very much. Matsi lost her battle w/cancer on
July 29,2011
Nasal Neoplasia is a horrible disease. There isnt no curing this one.
I first met my Sweet Baby Matsi when she was 6 wks old . She was brought into the Humane Soc and was on dealth row. I wasnt letting that happen
Matsi was Red Wolf / Chow. She is just the greatest mix I have ever seen. Matsi was so full of life , funny clumsy and full of smiles.
Matsi loved to visit the Elderly , kids and all animals. I taught her that all animals were her friends, she was always making new friends even w/the wildlife too. Matsi taught me how to love and to be happy. She had been threw so much w/me but always had a smile and a hug and kiss for me no matter what. Matsi was my first dog, but she wasnt a dog to me, Matsi was a woman, girl friend , best friend. She was human like it was unreal. I always talked to her just like I would anyone else. She understood what I was saying too. I always made sure she had the best of everything , she loved to go shopping at Petsmart and she would pick out what ever she wanted by knocking it off the shelf and that is what she would get. Matsi wasnt a fan of dog food so from day one, I would cook for her when I made dinner. She would also have her friends over , they would have slumber parties and her birthday parties she would have a steak dinner w/ a cake of her own, w/party hats ect. Just like we would do w/our kids. The one thing about my girl that stays in my mind is when I would be in the kitchen cooking she would peek around and above the coffee table to get a peek of what I was up too. If I went shopping w/out her ,she knew she was getting a suprise when I got home and she would smile from ear to ear and search threw each bag until she found it. Matsi was so gentle and respectful w/ everything she done. When I became handicap she was a doll w/my equipment as if she was trained for it. She started to pick up on my clumsyness too, it was nothing for her to walk into the wall or door frame cause she was watching me like she was going to miss something. The neighbor kids would come to the door and ask if she could come out and play. Soon as Matsi seen the kids she would look at me as if she was asking permission to go out. Matsi used to go in her flower garden w/me and she would really smell the flowers. I also taught her to help pick green beans in the garden.. Matsi would get in the bean patch and look around and look up under them looking for beans. If she didnt find anything she would just laydown. The 1 thing I miss the most is the way she would look at me when I come into the room ( a great big smile) and the way she loved her botton lip rubbed. I miss her sweet kiss and the hugs she gave. Matsi was the biggest picture hound, she loved to pose. I think I have between 200 and 300 photos of her. Not to forget she is the only dog I have ever met who had her own Camera. I just loved to watch stuff from her point of view, it was like looking threw her eyes.
I always promised her that no matter which one of us went first , that we would go back home til the other went and then we can go together. I also promised her that she would never go back into a cage, cause I saved her from the one. I have kept every promise but 1. That one is I couldnt fix her.
The only thing I want more than anything was for her to live as long as I do.
My Sweet Matsi stayed w/me until the end. I couldnt take her to the vet and put her down. Matsi was my love,soulmate and best friend and I couldnt kill her. About 2 weeks before she past she had a major nose bleed. She was out of my site about 20 minutes , I found her nexted to the bed on hers full of blood. It looked like she got stabbed but it was her nose. It took about 2 1/2 hrs to get it to stop totally, but we did and she was ok. Then the cancer went to her brain, she couldnt walk or stand , every time she ate she threw up finally she wouldnt eat or drink. I fed her baby food and put water in her mouth w/a medicine syringe. As she got weaker I gave her ,her pain pills. I didnt want her to hurt. I know in my heart she didnt hurt. Matsi was beside me threw it all. She had turned and gave me some love like she never done before, I could just feel how much she really loved me. The love I have for her is beyond any words. Matsi was here w/us when she past, this has been the worst thing I ever been threw, I only wish I could have fixed her. But w/Matsi being 12 yrs old there was no turning back. I do have her back at home w/me now. She was cremated , I had to bring her back home. Matsi still lets me know she is still around, I feel her love w/everything I do.
I had alot of help from one sweet lady on this site Hazels Run Pack. She had helped me get threw this before and after, I know Matsi is grateful and I sure am. I owe her a big thank you.
Cancer is a horrible Disease and in Matsi's passing I have promised Matsi I would spread the word about Canine Cancer..
I miss Matsi w/all my being and we are taking it day by day. I love her so very much and always will but I know one day we will be back together. I have one word to say to my baby Matsi ** TECHILIA ** I love you.

:pray:

Melinda
August 13th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I am so so sorry for your loss, we all knew how much Matsi meant to you *huge hugs*, she's pain free now running across the bridge and will be waiting for you.

pbpatti
August 13th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I too remember when you were here more often telling us about your sweet Matsi. I am so sad that she had to leave you before you wanted her to but she sure gave you lots of memories.

:rip:Sweet Sweet Matsi:pray::angel2: patti

Rgeurts
August 13th, 2011, 10:06 PM
groundwire, I'm so very sorry to hear that Matsi has passed. I know how much she meant to you :cry: :grouphug:
Please feel free to private message me if you need to talk.

:rip: beautiful Matsi :candle::angel2::pawprint:

Robyn

growler~GateKeeper
August 13th, 2011, 11:06 PM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Matsi :candle: She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
August 14th, 2011, 08:11 AM
It makes me smile to think of Matsi hanging out in your garden looking for green beans and smelling the flowers! What a very special girl she was!! I'm glad you have so many happy memories of her to brighten your days. You know she's still with you and always will be!

:2huggers:

Stay in touch, k?

:candle: Matsi

chico2
August 14th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Groundwire,I too read most of your posts about Matsi,often through tears and I am very sorry to read about Matsis passing.:(
She is free now,from pain and suffering,but her spirit and love will be with you forever:grouphug:

DMCWLVSSR
August 14th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Giant Hugs, :rip:sweet Matsi

groundwire
August 19th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I want to thank everyone for your kind words. Everyone know's how much I love Matsi , there arent enough word's to ever express how much as you know, my heart hurts so bad, I just want to reach out and touch her but touching a Urn isnt the same. But she is back home where she belongs. There are times I hear her breathing, feel her up against me , I have seen her out of the corner of my eye and I go looking for her. One day I was going about my day and forgot she was gone and I went around the corner of the bed talking to her and she wasnt there, I just broke down again,I still walk around talking to her all the time, I know she is w/me ,I feel her all the time. I know in my heart her body was done because of the cancer but it also made her so mad, she voiced her opinion to me while she was laying in my arms. The way she put her head against mine and rubbed her face against mine, the love that was being shared was something so speical I have never felt that before. I made her new Urn and I have a wall of Matsi's pictures , we have just doing all kinds of things to keep her alive in this house. It has been so hard but I made a promise to someone on this site that I would get out of bed everyday even if I dont want to. I still cry everyday over my sweet baby and I have come to realize she cannot come back in body but I know she is here in spirit. I just dont think it is fair for them to have such a small life spand compared to ours. Matsi always has a speical place in my heart and I know one day we will be back together and I can get the sweet Matsi kisses again. Matsi's smile , the way she answers my questions w/a wink, her hugs, her laughing smile, her fuzzy butt is always in my thoughts I carry some of Matsi's ashes in my purse and 2 small photo books in my purse, she is always w/me. I sleep w/ the last pillow and blanket and her fav toy, it just feels so good to me. I will sit her urn nexted to a photo I have on the coffee table and as I work on stuff for her I ask for her idea's. I dont know if it is weird or not but it makes me feel good.
Some times I go sit in her garden we started when she was here and I just walk around and smell her roses. Matsi would smell them and smile so big. Matsi has brought so much to my life ,I didnt know what to do after she left.
I just cannot say how much I do miss her. The other day I was cleaning off the desk and I picked up my camera case and there was a big tuft of her hair under it and all I could do was cry. It felt so good to feel her again even if it was only her hair.
Matsi has taught me so very much and brought so much love to my heart and I will never forget any of it. At some point in each day I am talking about her. I was at the vet the other day and one of the nurses there knew Matsi from when she had her operation, so I had to break the news to her and she cried. My Bug has touched so many , she still makes me very proud to this very day. Matsi's birthday will be on the 27th and I am still going to celebrate her day because she means so very much to me. One more thing I have also gotten a new friend to help me get threw this.
Matsi I love you so very much always and forever:dog:

Myka
August 19th, 2011, 03:42 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Do you have some pictures you could share?

groundwire
August 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I am trying to get a pic up on this thread of her but cannot figure it out

mikischo
August 19th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.:grouphug:

:candle: Run free, sweet :angel2: Matsi :dog: :candle:

To add a pic to a post, when you're in the post just click on the paper clip icon. It will open a window and you can browse to find the location of the pic on your computer that you want to upload. Then click on the file and then the upload button.

breeze
August 26th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

run free and pain free Matsi :candle:

:grouphug::grouphug:

breeze
August 26th, 2011, 04:22 PM
she is beautiful groundwire

groundwire
August 27th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Today is Matsi's b-day and she would of been 12 yrs.
We celebrated her b-day but it isnt the same w/out her here to wear her Tiera. But neverless it is her b-day and I will always celebrate her day, Matsi is so very speical to me today as she will always be forever. I miss her and love her so very much.

We did get another friend ,not to replace Matsi but to help us heal from loosing my Sweet Baby. We got a 2 yr old Great Pyrenese , her pictures are in my photo's and I know Matsi helped this one come to me.

Happy b-day my Sweet Matsi
I love you always and forever:angel2: