Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

broken paw 2

puppyluvv
August 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM
well the my post was closed so i decided to make a new one,
I thank all who replied to my thread for their input.
I know not to give the dog ibuprofen or tylenol... the person who broke my dogs leg i no longer have contact with because of what happened. My puppy was thrown over a "chewed" up cord puppys chew obviously and this person had no remorse what so ever I am only 18 I do have a job but not making enough to get him into the vet right away and be able to pay for the costs I have looked into a site called carecredit I love my puppy and want the best for him also for him to get better right now i can only do what fits in my budget. I am going to wash his leg with antibacterial soap and clean it out real good also apply some vaseline when it dries and then re-wrap for the sores. The sores are not really bad but if the cast was left on longer the would have been. I know I need to get him into the vet and I still am going to its just hard when the vet bill rings up to 2000 dollars and you dont have that kind of money. hope yall understand.
this is a picture of my baby :)

puppyluvv
August 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
**getting him into the vet this week.

Love4himies
August 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Glad to hear you're getting him to a vet :thumbs up. Have you considered charging the person who threw this tiny dog with animal cruelty?

Rgeurts
August 5th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I was at the emergency hospital with one of mine. There was a lady there with her Great Dane who had a broken paw a few weeks previous. They actually did spend the money to take care of him, but he still ended up with an infection. The infection was caused by the splint/wrapping. It was s staph infection similar to "flesh eating" which the specialist told her is not uncommon when a split/bandaging is used and there may be a small sore that isn't noticed at the time. Bandaging creates a breeding ground for bacteria. He had only a very short time to make a decision as the specialist said once the infection gets to his bloodstream, he would have to be put down. She had 2 options:

1. Put the dog down
2. Amputate his leg

She amputated his leg. Did this cost her money? A hell of a lot. She told me she had spent close to $10,000 treating the infection/emergency visits etc and was now looking at another $5,000-$8,000 to "hopefully" save him by amputating his leg, no guarantees, of course. If you cannot afford simple x-rays, you should not have the dog. It is suffering. Please, take the advice that was given to you and find a rescue that will take him and get him the care he needs. Please don't let him suffer.

Tundra_Queen
August 6th, 2011, 01:52 AM
U need to call the police on the person who hurt your dog! And get that person to pay for the treatment. Also call animal control to report the incident to see what they can do. I can see why u want to break the ties to that person who threw your pup, as who would want anything to do with a cruel person who would throw a pup for chewing a cord?! Call the police and let them handle it, but if the person would do this to a innocent puppy because he's angry about a cord, he needs to be reported!

Umm seeing as u do have a job could u go and talk to your bank manager and see if they would give u a small loan to pay for the vet bill?

lindapalm
August 6th, 2011, 09:39 PM
If I didn't have enough money to take a dog with a broken foot to a vet, I would sell my computer. It might not give you enough to pay for the entire treatment, but its a start.