Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

August 2011 - Pets.ca photo challenge - Jewellery - Bling or any adornment at all

marko
August 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Hi members,

Hard to believe it's August...geez time flies........................-and i have a suggestion. What about Pets in Jewellery?

Feel free to support that idea or suggest another, no worries.

The suggestion w/the most support in the next 12-24 hours becaomes this month's challenge.

Thx! Marko

I think I actually have one from today with jewelry...of sorts... So jewelry works for me! :D

Hmmm... the only "jewelry" I have is for Nookie. He has a tag in the shape of a bone that says "STUD" :D
Only problem is he is not actually neutered, so he can't wear it until he is (if ever)! I'd hate for anyone to actually think we would allow him to breed :o

Well, we all know he's intact because of health issues. Our Evan was never neutered for the same reason--he just wasn't up to the stresses of surgery. :(

And it doesn't have to be dog jewelry--any kind of bling will do. Even a fancy-schmancy collar would probably meet the criteria... :thumbs up :D

Jewellery works for me too! :thumbs up I can drag up a picture or two of Gryphon sportin' his gems but can also doll Mollie up for the occasion. :D

Jewelry works for me also

Cool then - merging suggestion posts now. Theme will be pets in Jewellery or any other kind of "Bling". Male pets shouldn't feel left out at all, any type of adornment will do, we're easy. :)

marko
August 2nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Ok members,

The challenge this month is - Jewellery - Bling or any adornment at all. That should make it easy for both boy and girl pets :)
This one will be fun for Carmy and me - we're not shy about putting girly stuff on our boy for this challenge. It's just the price he has to pay for livin' in the best hotel in town :laughing: :crazy:

Ok then - who will post first? :D

hazelrunpack
August 2nd, 2011, 09:30 AM
Here you go--Grace with her 'hair clip':

If we can get more butterflies to cooperate, there will be additional pics later. :laughing:

marko
August 2nd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Great start HRP :thumbs up - what a cute shot and creative interpretation of the word adornment :laughing: :D :goodvibes:

Marty11
August 2nd, 2011, 02:43 PM
He was not very happy bout this, he doesn't like when I pose him......

hazelrunpack
August 3rd, 2011, 12:15 AM
LOL, Marty11! I hope you sleep with one eye open! If looks could kill! :laughing: I like Rookie's bling, though, and he's stylin' in it!! :flirt:

marko
August 3rd, 2011, 08:32 AM
Nice one Marty11 - :laughing:

marko
August 7th, 2011, 03:12 PM
here's mine - Twiggy doin' Jackie O' and Baci resting like an Egyptian. :D

hazelrunpack
August 7th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Beautiful shots of your kids, Marko! Wow, that Twiggy really has the Jackie O thing down pat!!! :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee
August 7th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Great shots so far. :thumbs up

I gotta either find a couple pictures of the pets blinged out or get to work doing so. :shrug:

CsqU4r3d
August 7th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Great pix Marko...I would watch myself though....looks like Baci is contemplating some ancient Egyptian curse :laughing::laughing::mwaha:

marko
August 8th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the comments!
But where are other people's pix? I was hoping this month might get lots of pics because it's such an easy challenge. :cat: :dog:

Melinda
August 8th, 2011, 12:50 PM
is a party hat an adornment? *L*
Let the party begin
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/5.jpg

I've put this one up before

Great grama's gems
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/tiara.jpg

ready for a night on the town
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/DSCF1156.jpg

marko
August 8th, 2011, 01:35 PM
WONDERFUL additions Melinda - LOVE the shot w/the coat!

hazelrunpack
August 8th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I love that shot, too! Made me laugh loud enough that I woke up a couple of the dogs! :laughing:

Love the earrings in the second shot, too!!!! :thumbs up Nice touch! :D

mikischo
August 8th, 2011, 11:32 PM
All are great pics.

Hazel, Grace looks sensational with her "natural" adornment.:cloud9: Very hip!!!:thumbs up

Marty, Rookie looks very macho with his bling.:lovestruck: Just needs the motorcycle.:D

Marko, Twiggy makes a very elegant Jackie O.:lovestruck:

Baco looks very stately.:cloud9: I think he is telling you that in ancient Egypt cats were allowed to eat from their master's plate so "get with the program.":laughing:

Melinda, love the ready for a night on the town one of Brina and she looks like a real princess in great grama's gems.:lovestruck:

If I can dust off my camera, power up the batteries, think of something imaginative, and convince the cats, I might post something before the month is over.

marko
August 9th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks Mikischo.... but no need to get that imaginative... 2 folded paper towels and some scotch tape is all it takes to make a bandanna. :D

Melinda
August 9th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Twiggy and Boci.....man, what can I say, those are two gorgeous, regal looking cats!!!

Gracie's hairclip *LOL* I love that shot! so vivid

Marty, we have the motorcycle, come on over *L*.

breeze
August 9th, 2011, 12:18 PM
butterfly hair pieces :cloud9:

pearls and Egyptian jewellery :cloud9:

and a night out on the town :cloud9:

love it!!!!

here is King Archer sporting a copper bracelet to ward off any evil
:D

breeze
August 9th, 2011, 12:37 PM
what's a girl without her parasol :lovestruck:

marko
August 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Nice ones Breeze! I really like Archer's Jewellery!

Dog Dancer
August 9th, 2011, 02:10 PM
How cute are all of these fur babies all blinged out! Marko I have to say your two kitties take the cake, they look like they were born for bling! Melinda, Brina is such a princess! I don't think my two would sit still for such silliness, and DH would probably throw me out of the house if he saw me putting bling on the dogs... He doesn't get it! :laughing:

breeze
August 9th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Marko I have to say your two kitties take the cake, they look like they were born for bling!

I have to agree, I think Marko captured their personalities to a tee !!

breeze
August 9th, 2011, 02:18 PM
DH would probably throw me out of the house if he saw me putting bling on the dogs... He doesn't get it! :laughing:

do it when he's not around :D:thumbs up:thumbs up just for the pictures :p

hazelrunpack
August 9th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Archer looks very proud in his bracelet, but I love Bree and her parasol!! She looks so girly!!! :lovestruck:

do it when he's not around :D:thumbs up:thumbs up just for the pictures :p
:thumbs up :highfive:

DH never need to know, DD. :D

breeze
August 9th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I love Bree and her parasol!! She looks so girly!!! :lovestruck:

it's the only thing she would let me take a picture of..:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Melinda
August 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM
*L* love Bree's regal pose, and Archer looks so damn proud!!

marko
August 10th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I have to agree, I think Marko captured their personalities to a tee !!

nah they are both rotten little buggers, they look much sweeter they are. :D

Anyone should feel free to post more than once - We're gonna punish our buggers a bit more next week and post another set. :evil:

breeze
August 10th, 2011, 11:28 AM
so Auntie Melinda thought that Arch would look really good with either dred locks or ribbons, and since I have no idea how to do dred locks
we went with ribbons.:D

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
he's such a good sport

Melinda
August 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM
:sorry: Archer, I honestly didn't think she'd make you suffer such an indignity *LOL* but my god, I love it!!!!!!:laughing:

Melinda
August 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM
its the dainty pink bow on top that puts the icing on the cake *L*

Dog Dancer
August 10th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Arch, they say every dog gets to have one bite and I think this would be a good time! The indignity of it. It's very cute, and like Melinda said the pink one on top is sorta the kicker. Mom needs to buy a rope mop and pretend it's dred locks! Sorry Arch, maybe she won't see this....

breeze
August 10th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Mom needs to buy a rope mop and pretend it's dred locks! Sorry Arch, maybe she won't see this....

runs downstairs to see if we still have that mop

:goodvibes:<--- me running

breeze
August 10th, 2011, 12:22 PM
drat we don't :lightbulb: but I have a friend that might :lightbulb:

:D:D

Melinda
August 10th, 2011, 12:25 PM
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee nobody say how cute he'd be shaved like a poodle....:wall:

breeze
August 10th, 2011, 12:29 PM
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee nobody say how cute he'd be shaved like a poodle....:wall:

:eek:

there is a limit on what I would do you know :frustrated:

:grouphug:

Melinda
August 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM
*whispers to Brina* be thankful you don't live with HER!!!!!

breeze
August 10th, 2011, 01:09 PM
*whispers to Brina* be thankful you don't live with HER!!!!!

:(:(

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

breeze
August 10th, 2011, 02:10 PM
just not to leave Bree out of this ( but had to be careful that she does move to fast, I had to think of something other than ribbons :D) and no they don't hurt

Dog Dancer
August 10th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Oh no Bree! You have potato chip bag head! :laughing: Sweet Bree, I just wanna take those off her head and give her a big hug. I have nothing at work with me to bling up the dogs today. Darn....

hazelrunpack
August 10th, 2011, 04:09 PM
:laughing:

It's okay, Bree and Archer--you can come live with hazel and the Pack. We won't subject you to such humiliation! :p :laugh:

Too cute, breeze!!! Give them big hugs from me for being such good sports, k? :cloud9:

breeze
August 10th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Oh no Bree! You have potato chip bag head!

no no I told her they were hair clips for a pretty girl, and will make her hair crimped
not chip bag clips!!!

and DD you have to think ahead and put stuff in your purse got it??:D:D

breeze
August 10th, 2011, 04:20 PM

It's okay, Bree and Archer--you can come live with hazel and the Pack. We won't subject you to such humiliation! :p :laugh:

Too cute, breeze!!! Give them big hugs from me for being such good sports, k? :cloud9:

I will hazel, they were very good sports :lovestruck::cloud9::cloud9:

marko
August 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Oh this second set is such fun Breeze! SOOOOOOOOOO cute! :highfive:

breeze
August 10th, 2011, 05:26 PM
thanks marko... I tried :D:D

and it's Melinda's fault she told me to :D:p

Dee-O-Gee
August 10th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Hubby's working late at the office,
Daughter out for coffee with friends,

QUICK!!! GRAB THE CAMERA AND SOME BLING!! :crazy:

Mollie blinging a Dior knock off necklace and luscious plastic Mardi Gras beads while wearing her leopard print scarf to keep the wind from whipping through her ears. :D

Dee-O-Gee
August 10th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Look Ma!!!
I'm S-M-R-T!!!!

I'm Prittay!

I'm embarrassed!

Couldn't get kitties to stay still long enough to bling them out. :frustrated:

Love today's threads with Archie & Bree! :thumbs up Too funny! :D

breeze
August 10th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Molly you are gorgeous :lovestruck::cloud9: love the leopard scarf!! all decked out for a trip in the convertible :thumbs up

and gryphon you are smart !! :cloud9::lovestruck: with the grad cap!!
(tell me you didn't eat the tassel though)

hazelrunpack
August 10th, 2011, 09:15 PM
:laughing: That Gryphon is such a character! He actually looked happy to be posin' fer ya, DOG, at least till after his tiara slipped... :D

And Mollie, you fashionable girl, you :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee
August 10th, 2011, 09:21 PM
It took all but less then 5 minutes to pose Mollie. As soon as I said, "stay" she didn't flinch a muscle and let me reposition the bling and tie her kerchief.

Gryphon on the other hand, is my little goof ball. He's just so eager to please.

Got a chuckle out of Breeze's kids today and many other cute/wonderful pictures including Grace so far! :lovestruck:

Melinda
August 11th, 2011, 08:00 AM
*LOL* Gryphon looks like Queen Elizabeth in that last one...looking down through her glasses *L* I love the head scarf.

marko
August 11th, 2011, 11:17 AM
That's a cute set Dee o Gee! I especially like the one of Mollie all pooped out after the celebration :)

Dog Dancer
August 11th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Okay, well first off I don't have a lot of bling that the dogs would wear. Secondly, as you can see as soon as something foreign touches them they'd rather die than look at me to take a pic! :D Oh well, we tried for bling and it wasn't such a hit. Although I think Shadow looks great in red!

breeze
August 11th, 2011, 12:04 PM
DD I don't think any of us has a lot of bling if any.. :o I know I don't

I think shadow looks great in red!!

and probably they just wanted to laze around instead of getting all dolled up to go out on the town. :D

Dog Dancer
August 11th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Halo was looking at me like "It's 6 am what the heck are you doing Mom??" And Shadow, well the ribbon was okay, but the watch on her paw was more than she could bear - she hates when we touch her feet. She had on a ring also, but her foot got cut off! Oh well. It's the thought that counts right? I also need a much better camera. One day.

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I think you're right, DD--red is definitely Shadow's color!!! :lovestruck:

Halo looks so underwhelmed with the whole photo op! :laughing: Love seein' your girls again!

Melinda
August 11th, 2011, 03:33 PM
so shadow is your watch dog? *L* ok, ok, sick joke *L* I think they look darling (and bored) in their bling *L*

Dog Dancer
August 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah Melinda, she had a bit of time on her hands.... :laughing: Shadow is so not a watch dog! She comes to work with me, as you mostly know, and one day she was sleeping under my desk and when I left the office to go to the washroom somebody came in and stole a lap top computer and headed back out the door. Shadow didn't even wake up!!! Yeah, not a poster dog for Watch Dogs... :rolleyes: They are both very bored with the notion of bling and pictures!

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2011, 04:51 PM

Winston
August 14th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Winston trying to sport some bling...except nothing fits him!! :laughing: so we did our best! He is such a good sport!

hazelrunpack
August 14th, 2011, 09:19 PM
The bracelet and the bandanna are loverly! :flirt: But what's the black thing on his head? :o Is it a hair clip? :o :D It is, isn't it? :laughing: Very funny! But Winston, you're stylin' my man, absolutely stylin'!! :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee
August 14th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Sweet Shadow, DD. :cloud9: She just wants to share her love. :cloud9: She does look good sportin' red and Halo looks like an absolute :angel:

Winston looks great with his Winston bandana and a little bling on his fore leg. :)

marko
August 23rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
Cute shots DD!
Winston, Winston looks so handsome, and what a good sport.

Myka
August 23rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Peewee wears clothes for necessity...

"It's -36 out there??? OMG, where's my outfit?"
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Peewee/Dec152009.jpg

hazelrunpack
August 23rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
Now that is one stylin' chi, Myka!! :lovestruck:

Myka
August 23rd, 2011, 08:06 PM
Haha, here I thought he was a nerd!

growler~GateKeeper
August 24th, 2011, 02:34 AM
PeeWee's adorable :lovestruck:

Great pics everyone :thumbs up

Here's an old one of Duffy sporting her No Puppy Mills Canada Bandana

http://www.pets.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57344&d=1251697558

hazelrunpack
August 24th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Very pretty in her bandanna, growler!! Those colors suit her!! :lovestruck: And such a good girl to have been lending a feline paw to stamp out puppy mills. :cloud9:

mikischo
August 27th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Peewee looks like he's raring to go in that outfit.:cloud9: Lo

Love the pic of sweet Duffy sporting that bandana.:lovestruck:

Rgeurts
August 28th, 2011, 01:14 PM
All of these pictures are just WONDERFUL!!
They brought huge smiles and giggles :lovestruck: :cloud9: :D
I don't think I ever imagined all the different types of "bling" you could adorn them with :laughing:

I got a few of Nookie, but I'll have to get Thorin later. He isn't quite as cooperative, so I will need to enlist the daddys help :o

Nookie, unlike Thorin, is not near as photogenic. It took SO many pics to get these! I posted one at the bottom that will explain it all :laughing: :laughing:

Ya... I'm SEXY!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :D

Rgeurts
August 29th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Well, no luck on Thorin lol. I may just have to find some pictures he's already "blinged out" in! He sometimes get a little more restless than normal after the chemo. Thankfully, it was his last treatment :)

Dog Dancer
August 29th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Oh my, I love the look on Nookie's face in the last picture! :laughing: I see what you meant when you said the last pic would say it all! Just wanna kiss him.

Rgeurts
August 29th, 2011, 01:18 PM
DD, he would love the kissies and happily return them lol :D
The look on his face just cracks me up :laughing::laughing:
Those are the "norm" with him. He just gets the funniest expressions going... We have to take 20 to get 1 good one! :yell:
Well, maybe not that bad lol, but bad enough! And not to mention his little "lipstick" is out in most, so the "censor" comes in handy... he has no shame :laughing: :D
But it makes us laugh, so it's all good!

While Thorin, on the otherhand, is the most photogenic dog I've ever had. He is such a ham and just poses so pritty :D

marko
August 29th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Aww duffy looked so cute in that pic growler!
Peewee looks like sh'es only putting on the outfit for you Myka.
Rguerts - what a cute set! that 3rd shot is priceless! :laughing:

Dog Dancer
August 29th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Well I wasn't going to mention Nookie's "lipstick" being out! I think that's the main reason I've always had female dogs, I'm just so shy!

Melinda
August 29th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I damn near died laughing at the "censored" happy face *LOL*

CsqU4r3d
August 29th, 2011, 04:46 PM
OH Nookie monster... I just want to hug you till the stuffing comes out LOL:laughing::laughing:Love the whole series rgeurts...to look at him you never know the health issues you have dealt with...:cloud9::flirt::2huggers:

hazelrunpack
August 29th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Nookie is such a character! Love all his expressions! :D He looks a little unsure of the whole tie concept! :laughing:

Glad to hear that Thorin is through the chemo now, Rgeurts! Maybe he'll mellow out enough soon to get some bling shots after all! :fingerscr

Rgeurts
August 30th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I damn near died laughing at the "censored" happy face *LOL*

It comes in handy when photographing him LOL :D
He truly has no shame, at all!

OH Nookie monster... I just want to hug you till the stuffing comes out LOL:laughing::laughing:Love the whole series rgeurts...to look at him you never know the health issues you have dealt with...:cloud9::flirt::2huggers:

He has really come SO far. He still has a lot of issues, and most likely always will, but we feel blessed to have him, regardless of how long :cloud9: :lovestruck:
He truly is a character!

Nookie is such a character! Love all his expressions! :D He looks a little unsure of the whole tie concept! :laughing:

Glad to hear that Thorin is through the chemo now, Rgeurts! Maybe he'll mellow out enough soon to get some bling shots after all! :fingerscr

Nookie really does get quite the expressions lol. He keeps us laughing!
We are going to try and get a few shots of Thorin tonight :)

Rgeurts
August 30th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Rguerts - what a cute set! that 3rd shot is priceless! :laughing:

Marko, that last picture, when I opened it on my computer, just cracked me up! You couldn't really tell on the camera display, so it was a little bit of a shock :laughing:

Well I wasn't going to mention Nookie's "lipstick" being out! I think that's the main reason I've always had female dogs, I'm just so shy!

DD, then you certainly would not want to be around Nookie lol... he truly has no shame at all!

breeze
August 30th, 2011, 05:13 PM
sorry if this is :offtopic: but why does some males do this an others don't :o:confused:

I had one male Coby :rip: that did this all the time but Archer doesn't

Rgeurts
August 30th, 2011, 05:32 PM
You know, I have NO clue! Nookie does, Thorin doesn't. At first, one of our vets, Dr. Karen marsden, said she believed it was because he was feeling "groovy" from the phenobarbital :laughing:
BUT... he has been off the pheno for months now! So who knows :shrug:

expressions4u
August 31st, 2011, 12:52 AM
Just a thought maybe for next month how about pets doing tricks, and for christmas season (Oh should I even mention Christmas LOL ) how about pets sparkle the season !