Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sneezing and Mucus

Sunaj52
July 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Hey guys,

Since the past weekend, our pug/beagle mix puppy which is 5 months old, has been sneezing more than she normal does and seems to have excess mucus (we can hear her clearing it frequently). These things we were not immediatly worried about as we figured it might allergies or something. However, she has also seemed to have lost her appetite (which is extremely odd for her) and did vomit this morning (just yellow stomache bile). The odd part is, she's still very active and wants to play alot. She still runs around, plays fetch and tug of war. Definitely because of the vomiting she's going to the vets today, we just find it very odd with all these symptoms (especially the lack of eating) that she still wants to play alot. Any thoughts?

hazelrunpack
July 28th, 2011, 02:34 PM
In the early stages of anything, a pup might still have a lot of energy and want to play, then go downhill quickly. I'm glad you're taking her into the vet today--especially given that she's got no appetite today. What time is your appt? Keep us posted, k? :goodvibes:

Sunaj52
July 28th, 2011, 02:47 PM
G/f took her to the Vet about an hour ago, seems that she was Nasal mites. They're suggesting to wait for a couple of days to see if they clear on their own, if not we'll be picking up a perscription for it this weekend. The vommiting they think is acid refulx so a little bit of kibble before bed and we should be good to go

hazelrunpack
July 28th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Nasal mites! Never heard of them before! I hope she kicks them on her own! What will they treat her with if they don't clear?

Sunaj52
July 28th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Apparently they're somewhat common, they're transmitted from nose to nose contact, so she picked it up from some other dog. I didn't quite catch what the perscription is, but it's just some oral tablet that she'd have to take. Oddly enough our dog likes taking pills, she thinks that they're treats for some reason. Works for us

Myka
July 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I have never heard of it before either, so I Googled:

http://www.vetinfo.com/nasal-mites-dogs.html