Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our sunday morning walk

Sylvie
July 17th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Winston having a great time in the Lake.

Sylvie
July 17th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Bree enjoying herself after a nice long walk on a hot day.

Sylvie
July 17th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Reba (previously our foster Sheba)

And little Mona who keeps all the big guys on their toes :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2011, 04:33 PM
:cloud9: Thank dawg for the cool lake on a really hot day!

Such a lovely bunch! :flirt:

chico2
July 17th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Sylvie,great pics,I love to see dogs cooling off in the lake,must make them feel sooo good:cloud9:

Winston
July 18th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Oh boy did we have fun! Winston has been swimming 2 weeks in a row and I cant tell you how remarkable the difference it made! sounds funny but true.

Winston has progressivley been reduced to walking with the Seniors these days as he is pretty slow. We walked a bit last week and he was pretty slow and he was sort of shuffling his back leg...so we decided to go for a dip and he swam around loving every single moment!

Sylvie and I both noticed a difference in his mobility after the swim...it was like it loosened him up a bit.. This week he was much slower but he was fetching the stick way too many times......he is certainly in his glory in the water!

The sad part is Hamilton's Beach Strip hasnt been all that clean over the years but things has changed dramtically...I could not and still cannot believe how clean the water was....

All in all we have a great time with the pack....betweeen Bree, Rheba, Mona and Koby we are assured to have fun....

Next week we are aiming for a pack picture on the rocks!!

Sylvie
July 20th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Well, we were aiming for a pack picture on the rocks until someone deserted us :D

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
:laughing: This week we're going to hold you to more success on that pack pic! :p

That water looks so delightfully cool! :cloud9:

breeze
July 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM
lucky pups!! :cloud9::lovestruck:

that water sure does look inviting :lovestruck:

Rgeurts
July 20th, 2011, 12:29 PM
What wonderful pics!! :thumbs up
Bree and Winston both look wonderful, as well as the other :lovestruck::cloud9:

MIL and I are going to take Thorin and Nookie to Sylvan Lake on Friday and let them splash in the water a bit, providing it isn't too chilly.

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2011, 12:31 PM
o.O Too chilly? :laughing: My fantasy right now! Hottest day of the year, muggy to boot and the AC died! :eek:

Make sure you take pics, Robyn, k? :goodvibes:

marko
July 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Lovely pics Sylvie :highfive:

Rgeurts
July 20th, 2011, 02:28 PM
o.O Too chilly? :laughing: My fantasy right now! Hottest day of the year, muggy to boot and the AC died! :eek:

Make sure you take pics, Robyn, k? :goodvibes:

I will take pics for sure!!
And I would trade you our chilly (lack of) summer for all of your hot and muggy days!! We are ranging from the mid 50's to the high 60's most days. We do have a few days of mid 70's here and there, but that's about it :(
Definitely doesn't feel like summer at all, and in fact, today we have a very crisp breeze and has a very "fall" feel to it :eek:

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
Don't forget that we were promised "Pack on the Rocks" pics this weekend, Sylvie and Winston! :goodvibes: :D

Winston
July 22nd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Hazel Sylvie is doggy sitting so I will be sure to tell her!! you only wanted doggy pics right!! :D

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Well, I don't know about that! A pic or two of the hoomanz would be good, too! :thumbs up But I suppose if I have to, I could settle for 'doggie pack on the rocks' pics. :p

Lucky Sylvie gets to doggy sit! :cloud9:

Winston
July 22nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
Yes and really lucky Mommy to have such awesome friends!! :thumbs up

edwina
July 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
That water looks nice and cool, i wouldnt mind taking a dip with the doggies, its 101 degrees here right now. Yuck. :yuck: I would be refreshed. :D

Sylvie
July 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
sorry Hazel, may have to wait for the gang on the rocks picture

Not even sure if we are going tomorrow.

hazelrunpack
July 23rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Aw, rats! :frustrated: But if this weather is due to blow into your area tomorrow I wouldn't blame you for not going. Holy catz! Just had a truly awesome storm roll through here! Cass is still barking! :laughing:

Sylvie
July 24th, 2011, 12:53 PM
We had something during the night, not sure what but there was some much needed rain involved. The only problem it wasn't enough.

We are expecting thunderstorms this afternoon and during the overnight hours, maybe that is what you had :eek:

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Might be! We got a lot of rain out of it, so with luck you will, too. Have you been dry there? It's been so extremely wet all summer here--I wish I could send you some more. The yard was squishy again this morning and I can hear the skeeters celebrating down by the swamp. :p

Dee-O-Gee
July 24th, 2011, 04:33 PM
You're right Sylvie. We must of had some showers during the overnight hours but this morning, everything was all dried up. :shrug: What I did notice is my rain barrel got full from whatever rain we had. It hasn't been filled for over 3 weeks now! :clap:

BTW...Winston, Bree, Reba and Mona all look like they had a blast. Wonderful pictures Sylvie. :thumbs up

Winston
August 21st, 2011, 12:30 PM
We went back to the beach this week with Winston's buddies!

Here is Winston just itching to get in and swim!

Winston
August 21st, 2011, 12:33 PM
some more

Winston
August 21st, 2011, 12:37 PM
My friends Mona and Shadow striking a pose!! :D

Winston
August 21st, 2011, 12:39 PM
Mona! and a nice shot of the happy swimmer!

hazelrunpack
August 21st, 2011, 12:46 PM
That looks like so much fun! You can tell by all the smilin' dogs! :D

pattymac
August 21st, 2011, 01:04 PM
Love smilin' dog pics!!

otter
August 22nd, 2011, 12:03 AM
OK, I sure hope some hoomans were swimming with those doggies, that water looks wonderful!

Just an idea, could you get a floating rope for Winston, a 50 foot one, so he could swim unattached? Sounds like swimming is gonna be a great way for him to relax and might help keep that monster on his back (cancer) from bugging him :thumbs up

DMCWLVSSR
August 22nd, 2011, 08:45 PM
Looks like a wonderful time! Doggies look very happy:thumbs up