Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chocolate Lab Question

CarlaD
September 29th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Morning!

I am asking this for a friend that has a 14 week old Chocolate Lab pup!

She has developed a cone shaped head. It is bump that is between her ears on the very top of her head. It does not hurt her or anything, and someone told him that this is normal and she will grow into it.

Anyone have any info on this?

CarlaD
October 1st, 2004, 09:44 AM
Well she has gone to the vets, because they thought that they would have to do an optopsy on it. But it turns out that she has a contussion and it is a pocket full of blood from her hiting her head on the furniture when she runs underneath it.

She will be okay, but she will have the bump for a little while!

Goldenmom
October 1st, 2004, 01:37 PM
Oh my goodness!!! Who would have thought! I would block of anywhere the dog goes under furniture so this doesn't make it worse. Poor guy!

Heather and her 3 Golden Girls

CarlaD
October 1st, 2004, 03:15 PM
It is not my dog, but I did give some suggestions, and that was one of them.

I feel so bad for her because the bump is huge and the vet had to shave away some of the hair to take the blood out (to do a sample).

Goldenmom
October 1st, 2004, 03:16 PM
I absolutely hate it when a pup has a bad start like this in life. I hope its not an indication of the rest of his life. When my pups get to 1-yr, I give a sigh of relief that they have no medical problems. Not that some can creep up later, but usually they appear younger.

Heather

TalonsMa
October 1st, 2004, 03:27 PM
Oh no, that poor little thing! My little choco lab, has a rock hard head too, and is constantly bumping it, and she could care less, even tho she knocked against my lip, and I got the fat lip...LOL
That poor little pup must have smacked it extremely hard.
Hope she is ok!!