Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beware group discount grooming deals

4jsp
July 14th, 2011, 03:32 PM
A pet care business has been offering deals through group discount websites like Team Save, DealFind, Web piggy, etc and since I am looking for a groomer in Toronto I got a pass to try it out ($25 for a full groom).

IT WAS THE WORST GROOMING EXPERIENCE MY DOG HAS EVER HAD.

First of all, this is not a professionally run business. This person works out of their apartment, not a business location.

Second, the person cancelled and moved my scheduled time around 2 times then told me they didn't have another spot open until a month after the date I had booked initially when it was their fault for cancelling the booked appointment. In the end, after some complaining they did open up an earlier spot for me.

Third, and worst of all, I did not notice this when I picked up my dog and only noticed when I got home but she had 2 spots where she bled from being nicked by the clippers. Also, some razor burn marks on her belly. :( My dog is 5 years old and has been groomed 25 times in her lifetime and she has NEVER come back from the groomer with scabs and razor burns. I do not believe my dog got these scabs from being finicky while being groomed. She has no history of this which previous groomers can attest to. My dog is very good with grooming and even this groomer told me herself that she was one of the most well-behaved dogs she has ever groomed.

This was just a horrible experience and I am sorry my dog had to go through this for the sake of me trying out a new groomer and saving some money. Please beware if you have gotten one of these passes through group discount websites!!!

On another note, I know a great groomer in Kingston, Ontario if anyone is looking for a groomer there. I wish I could find someone like that in Toronto!

Choochi
July 14th, 2011, 05:47 PM
You should file a complaint with the website you purchased the deal through.

marko
July 15th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I would agree!

I too had a TERRIBLE grooming experience years ago when i dropped off my cats to be groomed about 10 years ago. I choose a place near my house but was not referred by anyone.....without getting graphic, the groomer went to the Marquis de Sade school of cat grooming, the same place Hitler studied at.

So unless I was in the room while the grooming was going on, I would never, EVER again leave my pets at some groomer off the street or some random coupon deal for grooming. I would do it if the groomer came highly referred by someone I trust - but never with a stranger.

Sorry for going off topic but your post brought back lots of bad memories.

doggy lover
September 15th, 2011, 09:05 AM
You should file a complaint with the website you purchased the deal through.

I agree 100%

Dog Dancer
September 16th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Sorry to hear this, I hope your pup doesn't suffer fear from going back to the groomers next time.

renegaderuby
September 16th, 2011, 03:27 PM
When working for a vet, I had the "job" of helping in the grooming room. Our groomer was "wonderful" and had so many "compliments" that I truly did enjoy helping her. But we noticed how many "poor sad little babies" came in with nicks and burns from the GROOMER FROM H*(( down the street, and sandi would always tell them, she may charge you less...but your pets will suffer for it. She does is "fast" and in a hurry, and then another one down the line , like an assembly line. That is why they get nicked and burned. For one thing..she dosent know what she's doing. for Two...shes rushing it.

So...I can sympathize totally with your little pup. Wish we could put all the bad groomers on an island, with a "grooming" assembly line of our own ...and see how THEY like it.