- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Found Male Bernese Mountain Dog in South Whitby, Ontario

June 29th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I'm posting this for a friend. This guy was found yesterday (June 28, 2011), in South Whitby, ON. He's not microchipped, but had a collar on without tags.

You can contact me directly if you know who he belongs to.

June 29th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Welcome to pets! You know it seems to me there was a posting about a missing Berner in your area. I am searching right now for the post. I also sent off an email to a person who I think may remember what I am talking about. I hope to have more info soon and will keep looking for the post!

Beautiful dog! please be sure if you drop it off at a shelter that it is no kill shelter! there are many high kill SPCA and shelters out there that many folks dont really know. If you cant find an owner I would look into a Berner rescue group and I am sure they can help you out!

June 29th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I remember that too Winston,but not where he was lost from..

June 29th, 2011, 05:41 PM
The Berner that was lost in Whitby is a female and there is a $.1.000 reward,she is also microchipped and no collar.

June 29th, 2011, 06:03 PM
This is the thread I was thinking of? doesnt look quite the same in the face?

Last sighting of this dog was in April?

June 29th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome! This is not the same berner that went missing earlier this year, but it is the same town. Animal control has been notified & he's on their website as well. I shall keep you all posted, hopefully he will be reunited with his family soon!

June 29th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Sorry, I forgot to add that the Ontario Berner Rescue has also been informed. Fortunately he was found by Berner-friendly people who have a lot of contacts in the area.

June 30th, 2011, 08:12 AM
daylyn,that's great news,thank's:thumbs up

June 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM
well lets hope between everyone helping, puppers will find his owners soon

June 30th, 2011, 03:11 PM
He was taken off the animal control website, so I'm assuming he's been reunited with his family. I'm trying to find out for sure. Potentially great news!!

June 30th, 2011, 03:16 PM
That would be good news! Pls keep us posted! :fingerscr