Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spooks first point

erykah1310
June 25th, 2011, 05:31 PM
We are up at a show in the Sault right now and I am very happy to report that Spook got her first point today at her second show.
Pretty good for an 8 month old pup who has never been in the ring and who has a rookie handler.
She took winners bitch today:thumbs up
Here's hoping tomorrow is just as good if not better :D

erykah1310
June 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Oh yeah and the female she beat for winners was a specials dog, number 10 Corgi in Canada... yay Spook

hazelrunpack
June 25th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Congratulations to both of you!!! :highfive: That's marvelous, erykah!!! Is she very proud of herself? :D

Longblades
June 25th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Yay! Congratualtions. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
June 25th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Congrats! That's a great start :highfive:

Goldfields
June 25th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Well done, Erykah and Spook! Were you nervous at all? The Specials dogs, are they the Ch's? We have to compete against them all the time here, like in our age classes as well I mean. It is special to beat them, even with our system.

Melinda
June 26th, 2011, 08:37 AM
congrats you two!!! but.............where are our pictures????

erykah1310
June 26th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I couldn't get the judge as he started judging working then group right after, next point definitely a picture though

Here it goes a dog needs 10 points for a championship with a 2 point win then the dogoves up to specials, now spook is competing as junior puppy and there are 2, one dog and one bitch, spook took hers by default really then went up against the specials so when she won she went up against the junior male for breed but he won over her

Goldfields
June 27th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I find your way totally confusing, so if you can explain how many dogs it has to be for Majors . I assume you have Majors like in the States?
Here it is simple, you need 100 points for your Ch. title, 1,000 points for the Grand Ch. title. Maybe I'm stupid for trying to explain it because I have been away from the ring for years. Some things may have altered. I might see if I can give a link to our system.

mikischo
June 27th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Congratulations to you and Spook!:thumbs up

I second Melinda -- Got any pics?:crazy:

Goldfields
June 27th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Here's an explanation I found.

In Australia you need 100 points

if you are the only entry and the judge thinks your up to standard you win the challenge and get 6 points

for every other dog entered you get 1 point per dog eg: 10 dogs= 10points + 6 = total 16points

If you win Best of breed add the total entry + 6 maximum 25 points in total

If you win Best in group 25points , that is also the maximum points you can win per show

baby puppies under 6 months can't win points and are not included in challenge line up

baby puppy 3-6 months

minor puppy 6-9 months

puppy 9-12 months

junior 12-18months

intermediate 18-36months

open 36 months and over

veteran 7 years

The underlined part is important, if you get a 25 point Best of Breed that's fantastic, if you got less points for BOB but happened to go Best in Group, you get 25 points, but that'd be it for the show, no extra points if by some miracle you won Best in Show. :D You need 1,000 points to get the Grand Ch title and we now also have classes for desexed dogs and they can go for a relevant Ch title also.
I don't think the Grand Ch title is a good idea, it stops the younger dogs from gaining Challenge points . It's very hard to beat Ch's when their owners make it clear to all that they are after the Grand Ch title.