Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

High pH in urine

Shannon83
September 28th, 2004, 03:32 PM
I got call not long ago from a women who was fostering one of the cat's at the shelter I work for, she new from the start the he(picture below when at my house) had a problem with his urin and had to eat food to help him with it, well turns out he like her hard wood fools better then the litter box and after washing them over a six times... the smell still hasn't come out and I was hoping someone here may know of a way to get the smell out.

Copper'sMom
September 30th, 2004, 10:56 AM
ok, this is from my memory (which is awful) so here it is:
wash with vinegar and water equal amounts, let dry......then wash with soap and water - not really sure if this works :o

I bought a product a Wal Mart in the cat section called "Pheromone Remover." I used it on furniture. It worked well. Read the directions on the bottle for maximum effect. The area may need to be repeated a few times to remove the odour.

Hope this helps!! It costs around $8.00 canadian

Shaykeija
October 1st, 2004, 12:44 AM
My cat Piper sprayed my dresser not too long ago. The smell actually woke my up at 3 am. :eek: I use OUT from either Walmart or any pet supply place. This stuff is awsome. Completely knocks out all smell. My Piper likes hard wood floors sometimes too. I swear by this stuff. Now if I could teach him to pee on my exhusband...... :D :D