Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Paparazzi on the loose

Bugsy
September 28th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Getting the paparazzi bug..... :p

mastifflover
September 28th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Bugsy they are great I want to squeeze those mushy faces.

Bugsy
September 28th, 2004, 02:39 PM
The twins.....

mastifflover
September 28th, 2004, 03:00 PM
I guess your Neo does not have a high prey drive. Mine would have jumped over a car to get anything that was not dog, with me attached to the end of the leash. Buddy has no prey drive at all yeah. PS how aold are all your kids

Bugsy
September 28th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Bugsy loves the kittens...they actually groom him. It's so very cute. Squirrels on the other hand..... :eek:

Bugsy
September 28th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Neo M. (Bugsy) 22 months
Saint F. (Peaches) 2 years
Kitten M (Bam-Bam) 5 months
Kitten F (Pebbles) 5 months

all adopted....

krdahmer
September 28th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Nice pics..and a handsome furry family you have there! I've always loved those big dogs....they just look like you could snuggle right up to them like a teddy bear! And the feline twins there are adorable!

Cinnabear
September 28th, 2004, 04:02 PM
You must a have a king size bed to fit your 2 dogs on. :D Very nice pics.

BigDog
September 28th, 2004, 07:17 PM
I envy you sooooo much!!!!!
love your dogs! especially the Saint one....
you are so lucky to have those two sweet giants!
and cats are cute too...
where did you get all them from?

rexdoggieowner
September 28th, 2004, 08:44 PM
AWWWWWWWww.... that is sooooo cute.... i LOVE big dogs, haha.. esp the ones i can't control.. its so funny ..

you should be very proud :)

Bugsy
September 28th, 2004, 10:08 PM
They are all adopted....can you believe someone at some time actually no longer wanted them :confused:
My Saint was actually chained outside for the first 2 years of her life...even during winter :eek: Groomer had to shave her she was so dirty.

....didn't take her long to make herself right at home :D

Twins & Peaches came from the pound. Bugsy was given up
by his owner.

wAggie
September 28th, 2004, 10:49 PM
I LOVE those pix!!!

those dogs look HUGE together, do they sleep w u in the bed?? must be QUITE warm in the night... hehehehe

kitties are gaaaaaaaaaawrgeous too!!! :)

db7
September 28th, 2004, 11:11 PM
looks like they can give you a lot of lip :D D you have to wear raincoats after they drink?

BigDog
September 28th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Bugsy, you are a wonderful person to save these cuties!!! (if you can apply word "cutie" to a 200 lbs dog LOL)
Could you tell more about your living situation? do you have a big house and a fenced yard?

We did some research and found out that rescues don't want to adopt out dogs (esp big ones) to people without back yards :(

Bugsy
September 28th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Peaches looks large because she is a "rough" coat Saint. She actually only weighs 122lbs. Bugsy weighs 118lbs although he is taller.

And me...well I weigh in at about 105lbs (LOL).

Sleeping in my house is like musical chairs...they go from the bed to the couch to the love seat and then start the process all over. Sometimes...I end up on the couch. :o

As for the slobber.... :eek:

Big dog
I live alone in a 2 storey house . My yard is 9000 square
feet (6 foot high wood fence) pretty nice size for the city. So space is not a problem. However I constanly have them at my feet. Mastiffs (group) not breed are generally very calm and slow moving. Even though they are large (giant breed) they don't really need all that much exercise like (working group).

You should choose a rescue group...and speak with them. Tell them about your living situation and mention the breed
of dog (s) you would like to adopt. Every breed has exceptions. Be patient... and trust the rescue group they are judging the "dog" they have on hand and that particular one may be "high energy" and will need a yard. However a dog of the same breed may come along that may do well...without one. Rescue groups work hard to make sure they have the "right" match.

What breed are you looking to adopt?

PS I'd love to see a photo of the Saint you lost (I'm sooo sorry :( )

BigDog
September 29th, 2004, 11:31 AM
We were looking to adopt a mastiff, but one cute Saint came across (on this board!) and we were ready to adopt him, made a visit and tons of e-mails.
But his owners changed their mind and decided to keep him - well, it's for his good I hope, from what we saw during our visit I can say he is quite happy with them (they have 4 children) and they seem to love and care for him...
We also visited 3-5 shelters and after that we decided to stop looking for now, because we live in an apartment and people in shelters think it's a big disadvanatage esp. for big dogs (I'm not sure they all realize that working dogs actually need more space than giant ones!).
I still want to adopt a big dog, but when you go to a shelter and see all those sad eyes - you just want to adopt all of them nevermind what breed and size they are :(
This winter maybe we will change our living situation, so we decided to wait until then and try again with adoption.

Unfortunately I don't have digital pics of my Saint, he died in 2001, so we have only paper pics of him. He had almost all white body (very rare for Saint :p ) with only two red-brown spots, and head with black and red-brown spots very much like your girl's. Very handsome guy!

But here is a pic of Saint we wanted to adopt, he is short-haired and very handsome too :)

Bugsy
September 29th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Ohhhh my god...

I can see why your heart when straight to your eyes when
you saw this guy. Mine would have done the same. He is
gorgeous. I'm so glad to here that he is safe with his family.

So it is another Saint you want. I can understand that rescues feel that a Saint needs a yard. However in all
honesty I think my Peaches would do well without one.
She is not that "big" and maybe because she spent 2 years
outside...now she prefers to be inside.

Here is a link I think you might like.

www.saintrescue.org/

wAggie
September 29th, 2004, 08:05 PM
it depends on the dog, I believe some dogs can adapt to lifestyle in an apartment.

but u gotta take note of breed and temperament... along w UR lifestyle and what you are realistically able to provide for the dog :)

Bugsy
September 30th, 2004, 12:15 AM
I agree...also there are so many unwanted dogs in shelters & if someone is willing to adopt a homeless dog and give it loving home and be a "responsible" owner & provided that the adopter & the adoptee are a good match... well the rest is just geography.

iRONKNiGHT
September 30th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Bugsy :) i'd do anything to pet your dogs :) they are AWEEEEESOME!!
whenever i see a Saint Bernard i think of this http://lmdpikachu.free.fr/images/belle%20et%20sebastien/nouvellesimages/2.jpg
Remember seeing that show while you were growing up?
and as for your cat's they are SOO Cuteeee!!!eeeeee LOL ,so cute that some of the eeeee's escaped!

BiGDOG that's a BIG DOG lol.. i can only wonder!! i know Great dane's are big dogs but those dog's are BIG Pound for pound they're HUGH!!

iRONKNiGHT
September 30th, 2004, 02:28 AM
maybe it's just my humor! i hope i'm not alone.. but Bugsy's Tux kittys are the MOB! lol

Bugsy
September 30th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Ironknight

It's driving me crazy...what was the show called? :confused:

iRONKNiGHT
September 30th, 2004, 02:35 AM
The show was belle and sebastien (http://lmdpikachu.free.fr/belleetsebastien.htm) :) that shows a person's age doh!!

Bugsy
September 30th, 2004, 02:44 AM
TOOOOOOOOO CUUUUTTTTTEEE

Do the dogs to....LMAO

BigDog
September 30th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Bugsy, I just noticed - why such a strange name for your kitty PEBBLES? what does that mean?

Copper'sMom
September 30th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Your dogs are priceless!!! And the cats are cute too!

glasslass
September 30th, 2004, 01:58 PM
All furbabies sooooo cute! My favorite pix was the "sweet dreams"! :)

iRONKNiGHT
September 30th, 2004, 03:55 PM
TOOOOOOOOO CUUUUTTTTTEEE

Do the dogs to....LMAO
:) you got it!

Bugsy
September 30th, 2004, 06:48 PM
IronKnight

I'm reading this from work ... and start LMAO out loud!!
Toooo funny. You should do that to all the pix posted.

Bugsy
September 30th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Bugsy, I just noticed - why such a strange name for your kitty PEBBLES? what does that mean?

Ok...remember the Flinstones ( ya ba da ba...doooo). She is very "dainty"...he is very "mr. tough guy"..... I thought it was so cute :p

wAggie
September 30th, 2004, 10:31 PM
HAHAHAHAAH

now that's a story I'd love to tell the kids!@ :D

Bugsy
October 1st, 2004, 12:38 AM
If you would see them you'd laugh...Pebbles is really princess like ...and Bam-Bam has a cowboy strut.

BigDog
October 1st, 2004, 11:06 AM
it's funny, I work for the project that is called PEBBLES! :)
http://www.ryerson.ca/pebbles/
now I guess about the history of it's name...

Bugsy
October 1st, 2004, 11:48 AM
Hey Big Dog

What on odd (almost series) of coincidences....1st the Saint
then the kittie :eek: ........wait ! I have a fish named Ariel
(add little mermaid music here) anything? :p

PS what an amazing line of work...must be very fullfilling :)

BigDog
October 1st, 2004, 12:03 PM
when I lived in Russia I used detergent powder "Ariel" for my laundry, that's all I can think about :-) LOL

about PEBBLES (project, not your cutie LOL) - yes, it really feels very good when you know you are helping sick kids.
I hope this will not be considered as advertising and my post will not be deleted :-))

wAggie
October 1st, 2004, 07:52 PM
hehe, we have "ariel" in Poland too!

go, Ryerson! woo! :p

Bugsy
October 1st, 2004, 10:10 PM
Hey Big Dog

You should be very proud :D

Waggie & Big Dog

Soap (lol) well she (i think she's a she) is named for the Little Mermaid. But here is a funny story . When I got my
Saint I bounced some names around for her & wasn't to sure what to name her. Then I shaved her and yup...she was (same color) and smooth as a PEACH. :p

Catt31
October 2nd, 2004, 12:55 PM
Awww Bugsy, your dogs and cats are gorgeous!!!! Your twins look like my "Tux".....whom I think really does believe his the MOB!! LOL

Bugsy
October 2nd, 2004, 01:18 PM
We should teach them to say "fooghedaboudit" :D LOL

wAggie
October 2nd, 2004, 08:18 PM
Bugsy, I know about the little mermaid, my absolute fave disney movie :D

as for the peach fuzz (lol), next time post pix!! :p

Bugsy
October 3rd, 2004, 09:20 AM
Waggie....here you go. Smooth as a Peach :D
Doesn't she look "all embarressed"....lol

wAggie
October 3rd, 2004, 12:15 PM
AWWW

that IS short!!! she wasnt too cold?! :eek:

great pic!! :)

Bugsy
October 3rd, 2004, 02:08 PM
The groomer had no choice, her matts were terrible.
She loved it, made her very comfortable, she felt "all pretty"
afterwards. :D Cold nooo..I was worried she may to warm this winter since my heat is at 30 when it's -30 outside.
If I see she is to warm..i'll bring her in for a little trim...not a crew cut LOL

BigDog
October 3rd, 2004, 06:17 PM
poor girl, you posted her all naked! LOL
she has beautiful hear now (on previous pics), who was her owner if he was not touched by her beauty?????????????? :mad:

Bugsy
October 3rd, 2004, 06:59 PM
Big Dog ...

I will never understand people... :mad:

Peaches wouldn't let me touch/pet her face for the first few weeks when I got her. Seemed "spooked" if I would try
to kiss her. She was afraid of something...

Now she's a big baby...if you do the "kissy face" she comes running to kiss you.

I swear I teach my dogs the weirdest things :o

She does look all naked doesn't she...LOL