Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor Jack got attacked tonight!

Claudia36oh
June 16th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Poor boy got attacked by another golden and a lab mix tonight, the woman just lets them go because she couldn't handle them. He is very lucky to just have a few wounds that I was able to treat at home no stitches required, of course I called the vet too.

Now this is the third time these dogs attacked one of mine, last year they got Chloe and she did need stitches, poor girl had horrible hot spots and got bit on top of all that.

Chewie was a bit smarter then the other two and ran..lol, sorry I'm rambling just very disgusted, I think these dogs should wear a muzzle when outside, what if one day they go after a child. She does tell kids they bite :shrug:

She had numerous letters from the management but won't reply to the rules, she did pay for Chloe's vet bill last year...I'm about to call the HS on her, I know it sounds cruel but what else can I do.

She needs to take control of her dogs, if you can't handle two at the same time, take one..that's what I do and muzzle them (I don't have mean dogs..they only require a muzzle for biting dogs)

Thanks for letting me vent this helps a lot :cry:

growler~GateKeeper
June 16th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Absolutely call the HS and any Animal Control Office in your city to report this incident, and do mention the previous one. There needs to be a file on these animals and this woman so they can do something to either ensure her dogs are muzzled when out or are removed if she can't handle them.

Speedy recovery Jack :goodvibes:

Melinda
June 16th, 2011, 06:54 AM
darn tootin I'd be calling HS also, imagine if it was a child, a pet is bad enough though in my mind. Good luck. give Jack a hug from Brina:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
June 16th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Definitely report it, Claudia. Especially since this isn't an isolated incident!

Hope Jack heals up quickly! :goodvibes:

pbpatti
June 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I am a little torn here on what I would do. Does your HS euth dogs who have bitten? Here in Edmonton, that is what would probably happen. I am getting so angry with people and how they treat the animals that are in their lives. :sorry::offtopic: ok small rant over with.

Glad that there were no serious injuries to Jack. Hopefully it will not frighten Jack from wanting to go for walks in the neighborhood.:goodvibes: patti

Dog Dancer
June 16th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Hope Jack recovers quickly. And I have to agree that you should call HS. I reported a neighbour of mine whose dog attacked a smaller dog that was following me one night. It mauled that dog badly, then the HS refused to come and get the little dog (even though it was stray and had been mauled). I drove to the dog into the city to the emergency clinic where it required extensive surgery. The owner of the very large dog that attacked it was forced to muzzle and leash his dog at all times after that. He was a small man and this dog had to be 120 lbs and way beyond his control.

Claudia36oh
June 16th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys, I did call the HS and they gave her a ticket and she has to have a muzzle on the dogs. Let's hope she will put them on the dogs.

I think I'm gonna get me a stick and some pepper spray to take along with me when out with mine. At least I can step in if I have to again, really don't think she will do the muzzle.

Jack is doing OK, a little sore around his neck and ear :mad:

Dee-O-Gee
June 16th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Poor Jack - hope he has a speedy recovery. :grouphug:

Few years ago, our Mayor and his dog were attacked by a neighbor's dog. It was so terrible it made regional headline news. He didn't have anything to defend either one of them other than his bare hands.

After this incident, the Mayor could be seen walking his sweet Buddy girl with a golf putter in hand. He never used the putter from this point forward but it was his comfort to have.

On top of a walking stick (or if you like golf), you should also carry a cell phone if you have one. I never walk my dogs without a cell phone or my putter. :thumbs up

kitona
June 16th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Get yourself a nice stout walking stick. They look inocent and not like a weapon but sure can be used as one. There are also hiking staffs with pointy metal ends that can be useful in a pinch.

Claudia36oh
June 16th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Poor Jack - hope he has a speedy recovery. :grouphug:

Few years ago, our Mayor and his dog were attacked by a neighbor's dog. It was so terrible it made regional headline news. He didn't have anything to defend either one of them other than his bare hands.

After this incident, the Mayor could be seen walking his sweet Buddy girl with a golf putter in hand. He never used the putter from this point forward but it was his comfort to have.

On top of a walking stick (or if you like golf), you should also carry a cell phone if you have one. I never walk my dogs without a cell phone or my putter. :thumbs up

Oh I have my cell phone, putter is a good idea:lightbulb:
I hate seeing my babies getting hurt :mad:

growler~GateKeeper
June 17th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks guys, I did call the HS and they gave her a ticket and she has to have a muzzle on the dogs. Let's hope she will put them on the dogs.

Be sure to report every single time the dogs are out if they are not muzzled.

Claudia36oh
June 17th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Be sure to report every single time the dogs are out if they are not muzzled.

I will, getting tired of my babies getting attacked, my four are very loving, peaceful dogs, never have had a problem with any of them, there just to nice, maybe I raised them wrong:D

cell
June 17th, 2011, 09:48 AM
dog mase is also widely available. I would advocate reporting the woman if she is known to have out of control dogs and she does not comply with their requirements

Tundra_Queen
June 18th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Hi

I would carry a cell phone, if u have one, and take a pic of the dogs if u see them out walking without a muzzle and show it to the HS

Claudia36oh
June 18th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Hi

I would carry a cell phone, if u have one, and take a pic of the dogs if u see them out walking without a muzzle and show it to the HS

Thanks, thats a good idea, never remember that my phone has a camera :D